Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEY! Distribute Rendering buckets are NOT adaptive ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEY! Distribute Rendering buckets are NOT adaptive ?!

Distribute rendering buckets are not split and get smaller as they finish a bigger area and you are left waiting that one last bucket, with 105 ones sitting idle!

What is this?
    Are we back to the '90s?
    Or is there a setting I missed perhaps?

It never worked for distributed rendering unfortunately. Per https://www.chaos.com/blog/how-adapt...rays-rendering ...

This specific approach is currently only viable for local rendering and doesn’t apply to distributed rendering, as that requires a slightly different approach to ensure network traffic stays low.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

It sucks all the same.
      Hope this gets tweaked to work somehow...

Comment

Yeah, not having split buckets on dr really cuts into the advantage of adding a second machine. When you factor in the additional time to transfer the scene and start rendering on the second machine plus the inevitability that one bucket will take a lot longer than the others (usually some foliage) the time reduction is usually very minimal even for similar spec machines. Maybe if I was adding a lot of machines (at least more than one) dr might be worth it but as it stands right now it's not worth it imo.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
        X