Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still terrible performance if more than one MAX opened

Hi guys,
    I'm still experiencing this. Current version 1.2 (6.10.0 on MAX 2023. If I have more than one MAX opened whenever the other one is auto saving, or I'm saving, or it is loading a scene to render (if heavier than for 30seconds or whatever) my PC grinds to a halt. Mouse moves at 0.3 fps. Some have posted issues while rendering, here when it starts to render, it's ok. Only when things are loading/saving. I know it sounds like a MAX issue but I'm pretty sure it started after I updated vray.
    Any ideas yet?
    Thanks
    www.hrvojedesign.com

We don't appear to have sorted it out yet. You could kindly fill out the survey that has been posted on the AD forums here, it would help us zero in on this bug.
    Last edited by Pixelcon; 20-06-2023, 01:55 AM.
    James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
    Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting. There are no issues on my setup. Are you sure you have enough .license for more than one session? Try to reinstall everything.
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hm I have normal single licenses for both MAX and vray. Don't tell me I need more to work on single PC with more MAX sessions opened? I mean it wouldn't work slower then, it would just stop I guess. Pixelcon I'll fill out the survey. Thanks
        www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
          Try to reinstall everything.
          Try throwing your setup out the window while you're at it! Could help?

James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
          Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Originally posted by Crayox13 View Post
            Hi guys,
            I'm still experiencing this. Current version 1.2 (6.10.0 on MAX 2023. If I have more than one MAX opened whenever the other one is auto saving, or I'm saving, or it is loading a scene to render (if heavier than for 30seconds or whatever) my PC grinds to a halt. Mouse moves at 0.3 fps. Some have posted issues while rendering, here when it starts to render, it's ok. Only when things are loading/saving. I know it sounds like a MAX issue but I'm pretty sure it started after I updated vray.
            Any ideas yet?
            Thanks
            Do you by any chance have an ASUS (or maybe MSI) motherboard with an AMD Ryzen processor?
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelcon View Post

Try throwing your setup out the window while you're at it! Could help?
              Yeah...just setup the new 2023 a few months ago so really don't feel like it again.

MB is Asus ROG Strix X-399 E gaming
              www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Hi, the video on Autodesk page shows a severe freezing I agree.
                We tested a few scenes here on two 3ds Max 2023 with V-Ray 6.10.08 in an attempt to reproduce the issue but there is no lag whatsoever.
                If the lag is happening with every scene it most probably is something to do with your setup. Could you perform a test without V-Ray and let us know how it goes?
                Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 20-06-2023, 08:45 AM.

Comment

So it's again an AMD Ryzen CPU + ASUS motherboard combo. vladimir_krastev do you happen to have a workstation with a similar setup in your offices? So an AMD ryzen CPU with an ASUS motherboard. And if so did you test if you could reproduce this issue like I described in the thread, with multiple Max's open?
                  A.

---------------------
                  www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

The tests were done on a AMD Ryzen 2700X processor and a Gygabyte B450 motherboard. I will see if we have a AMD+ASUS combination. I tried with two but will try with multiple as well.

I would like to ask anyone who is having this issue, please test without V-Ray and share the result.

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
                      The tests were done on a AMD Ryzen 2700X processor and a Gygabyte B450 motherboard. I will see if we have a AMD+ASUS combination. I tried with two but will try with multiple as well.

I would like to ask anyone who is having this issue, please test without V-Ray and share the result.
                      2 max instances is already enough actually. But this confirms again that Gigabyte motherboards don't have this problem. Would love to have some more users reporting on Ryzen setups, to see which motherboard they have and if they have these problems.
                      A.

---------------------
                      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I have the same issue since I have an AMD Ryzen 5900x and later with the 5950x which I bought to solve the problem. And it is an ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro (WiFi), I added very good memory to solve the problem. I installed process lasso (https://bitsum.com/) to optimize the CPU work and I did a lot of exlporing work in dozens of hardware discussion sites in the WEB for hours and hours. My conclusion was, that Windows 10 is a OS with which you can work with 5 or 6 programs in parallel, but not if you work with 3 or 4 programs with heavier load the reaction speed goes down noticeblae. My typical desktop is: 2x MAX, 1x Autocad with several drawings open and Photoshop with som files open. Therefore Microsoft indeed suggests you to reduce the number of the open windows !!! But I know other users who have no such problems. Now I read here for the first time, that it could be the combination of Ryzen and Asus MB....
                        Workstation: Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4,20GHz 64 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro P5000, Win10 Prof.<br>Rendernode: AMD Threadripper 2990wx 64 GB RAM, Win 10 Prof. MAX 2021.3, VRay 5 hotfix2, ForestPack, RailClone, RichDirt, KStudio ProjectManager....

Comment

Well I might have 2 confirmations of people with a Ryzen and Asus motherboard that are not experiencing it, by I'm still collecting more data. So might not be ASUS or MSI after all... I'll keep this updated.
                          A.

---------------------
                          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Minimize any and all background Max instances and usually it is pretty snappy. Maybe not 100% as fast as just a single Max, but darn close.

Comment

Working...
                            X