Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I deleted an image from VFB history by mistake and can't find it in the recycle bin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I deleted an image from VFB history by mistake and can't find it in the recycle bin

Hi. I've just deleted an image from VFB history by mistake and can't find it in the recycle bin. I've recently started using the "Use project path" option in the VFB settings so the images are saved in the project folder. Could this have caused this? I haven't had this issue before.
    Aleksandar Mitov
    www.renarvisuals.com
    office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
    64GB DDR5
    GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Hi, thanks for posting. Saving and deleting images from VFB history works with no issues on my end. The deleted images can be found in the recycle bin. I am using 3ds Max 2024 with V-Ray 6.10.08
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I'm thinking if the project path isn't a local one, for instance a NAS or something, what happens to the deleted file? Is it also going to the recycle bin?
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Yes, the project is not on a local drive. It's on a mapped network drive which is an HDD in another PC on the local network. There's no issues if I disable the option "Use project path".
        Aleksandar Mitov
        www.renarvisuals.com
        office@renarvisuals.com

AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
        64GB DDR5

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
          Yes, the project is not on a local drive. It's on a mapped network drive which is an HDD in another PC on the local network. There's no issues if I disable the option "Use project path".
          Well than it depends on how deleted files have been set up on the other computer, if recycle bin has been set up on that drive, you'll probably find it there.
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I can't find it in the recycle bin there either. It's as if they get permanently deleted.
            Aleksandar Mitov
            www.renarvisuals.com
            office@renarvisuals.com

AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
            64GB DDR5

Comment

Working...
            X