X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPR Slate Material Editor Uneditable

Hi all,

Small issue,

When using IPR and trying to rename a material in Slate nothing happens. Anyone else get this? Max 24 with latest Vray, it's been like this for a long time.

Cheers,

Jason
    AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Works fine on my end. Care to record a video reproduction?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi hermit.crab,

Thanks for the reply, no need for a video, easy to replicate, open 3dsmax 2024, switch to vray renderer if not already. Open material editor create a material, apply it to something, start IPR and voila, you can't rename the material in Slate whilst IPR is active.

Cheers,

Jason
      AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Comment

Huh, you're right. Not sure how I made it work on my last test. I'll notify the project manager about it.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for confirming hermit.crab, I thought I was going mad!

Slate seems like it breaks the link after IPR completely, so trying changing the colour of a material as well, same thing nothing happens in slate but does in IPR. If you then re-open the file and not start IPR then you can obviously edit the material.

Not sure how this wasn't picked up tbh as editing materials and IPR seem to go hand in hand.. Like I've said this has been happening for a longish time now.

Cheers for checking,

Jason

Comment

I have checked this too, and it's Slate not refreshing the names only, the actual material/map gets renamed just fine (while IPR goes, close slate, and open the CME to check.).
            Also, notice how it's slate not refreshing the renamed map even after IPR is off (and we have no hand in it.). Renaming after IPR it's stopped however works.
            Lastly, if IPR stops at sampling end (but stays on ready to receive changes), Slate works just fine and will refresh names as usual.

It all works fine with Arnold's IPR.
            Last edited by ^Lele^; 10-07-2023, 12:22 PM.
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Thanks ^Lele^, yes you are right with the Slate & CME difference. Alas the problem still persists with Slate, I would imagine most people use Slate. Further to SME not updating to show the material name, none of the nodes update as well, so plugin a VRayColor into the diffuse of the material, try changing the colour whilst IPR is running, again nothing happens in Slate but it does get updated in the viewport. The SME sorts itself out only after stopping IPR and closing / reopening SME.

It's a minor niggle but still I would imagine something that could get sorted?

Cheers again,

Jason

Comment

It's a minor niggle but still I would imagine something that could get sorted?
                Ah totally!
                I was merely adding to the dev's info.

Lele
                Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                ----------------------
                emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Yeah I have slate acting weird aswell. When trying to move or add materials inside multi sub materials for instance, it doesn't even do anything, it refreshes the IPR but the wire doesn't want to connect.
                  A.

---------------------
                  www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
                  X