3ds max 2023,2024 crashes at launch after installing VRAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds max 2023,2024 crashes at launch after installing VRAY

Hi, I have encountered this issue quite a lot lately everytime I install Vray, 3dsmax fails to launch. I have search for solutions online and still haven't any yet. does anyone know how to resolve this?
    Attached Files

There seems to be an issue with your environment variables. Try uninstalling, removing any leftover V-Ray for 3ds Max 2023/24 related variables and reinstalling again.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you hermit.crab I have done this a couple of time and I have just tried to do this again and it still brings up the same error at launch. I run 3dsmax 2023 and 2024 it works fine in Max 2023.

Comment

It freezes at this dir: ConversionScripts Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-06 103430.png
Views:	604
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	1185480

Comment

Do you have permission to access that folder?
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Yes I have been granted permission to access the folder

Comment

You may need to logout or reboot for environment variables to take effect.

Are you running the installer as an admin user? Are you running max as an admin user? (Personally I think the latter is a terrible idea, but it is much easier.)

Comment

The reported line has nothing to do with us (it's the Max's scene conversion script it's talking about), and it's doubly odd as the command is to *make* the folder.
                But afaik that folder is made and populated on Max install.

I'd suggest a proper max+v-ray reinstall after ensuring you have admin rights on your workstation: you may be running a hobbled Max, the rest of the issues a result of that.
                Lele
                Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                ----------------------
                emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I have admin rights and have done a full re-install of 3dsmax 2024 which runs fine. when I install all the other plugins Corona renderer as well, it all works fine. However, the moment Vray is installed, everything freezes. so I'm not sure what to do anymore.

Comment

I guess you could arrange a remote session with tech support.
                    Have you opened a ticket yet?
                    Lele
                    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                    ----------------------
                    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

In my customer's case, the freeze was caused by a firewall blocking V-Ray communication.
                      (Although V-Ray causing freezes on network connections is also a problem.)

Once you have released all security (port blocking), test it.​

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                      oakcorp.net
                      v-ray.jp

Comment

flat How do I go about releasing the port blocking?
                        ^Lele^ I have just opened a ticket yet.

Comment

If it is having trouble accessing the license server it will eventually timeout, and then you will have another delay when you do something else that needs to access the license server, like open Render Settings, or, of course, render.

You can test if the license server is blocked by trying to access it from a web browser on your Max machine. Try to access http://<your_license_server_ip_or_dns_name>:30304/

You can see your license server setting by going where indicated in the screenshot:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	552
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	1185718

Comment

Originally posted by charlotte_chalmers View Post
                            flat How do I go about releasing the port blocking?
                            Completely disable(Uninstall) Windows Firewall and all third-party security apps (antivirus).

Also, check with your company's IT administrator to see if Internet access is restricted on employee PCs.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                            oakcorp.net
                            v-ray.jp

Comment

Working...
                            X