Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxies - The correct method

Hi
    I have this issue a lot, and would like to it sorted.
    I have a lot a large projects.
    Residential projects generally.
    in my current project the landscape architect lost the run of them selves and have specified, a lot of different trees and rain plants and sensory gardens ect..

So currently,between trees hedges planting areas , cars people etc. I have 18 forest forest pro sets.

I have an issue a lot with, displaying the proxies at mesh for render and thin box for viewport. but its hit and miss for rendering.

I don't think it's a memory issue. 128gb , and running rtx 4090,max 24 latest vray and vantage 2.0.

so I'm stumped somewhat.

advise woukd be appreciated.
    Thank you.

phil
    Last edited by philip kelly; 28-07-2023, 04:33 PM.

Those landscape architects! The first thing that gets cut, to save money, is usually the landscape. Itoosoft gets pretty laggy, but think of the hassle it would be without it. I think that you are doing everything right. Proxy everything and use Forest, even if it is for a single instance.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting
      I have an issue a lot with, displaying the proxies at mesh for render and thin box for viewport. but its hit and miss for rendering.
      Do you mean that a proxy that is supposed to render as mesh renders as box or are you talking about the viewport preview only? Could you explain your issue in a bit more details?
      Also are you having trouble with every scene, even a new simple one or just in a specific scene?
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
      X