Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clipper jumping around

Hi all,

I am asking for your help about a problem that occured very, very often during the last months and I dind't find a solution, yet.

Whenever I try to use a VRay Clipper in an animation, the clipper renders correctly on my workstation when rendering still frames both in Interactive and in Production Renderer.
    As soon as I try to render a sequence - on my workstation or on the local network via backburner - the clipper starts jumping around.

I have uploaded a little animation clip comparing the render output with a simple viewport capture:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Yx?usp=sharing

You can also find the max file in the zip archive. The scene used to be more complex, but I reduced it to the bare minimum.
    This problem doesn't only occur with scenes created on my workstation but also on the ones of my colleagues - that's where I wonder why I don't find anything about a similar problem on the internet, since I am not the only one having this issue.

As you might see in the max file, I am using a camera rig from Animators Toolkit (by JokerMartini) in this and also in most of my animations. But I have also tried to replace the max physical cam with a vray physical cam and i have also baked the movement so I could delete the rig - nothing worked.

This whole problem makes the Clipper useless for me - unfortunately I now have to do an animation where I don't have a different solution than using a clipper.
    I am really hoping that you can help me here.

Thanks in advance and kind regards!

Joe

edit:
    I forgot the important information about my system specs

- AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor @ 3,7 GHz
    - 128 GB RAM
    - Windows 11
    - 3ds Max 2023
    - V-Ray 6.10.08
    - several more plugins and scripts

We also have 3ds Max 2021 with V-Ray 4.30.2 installed, but we don't need it that often - as far as I remember, the problem occured here, too.
    Last edited by OPKJoe; 17-08-2023, 05:09 AM.

Hi, please check with the latest stable build. This problem should be fixed.
    Please let me know.

Comment

Hi,
      thank you very much - looking really forward to trying it!
      Unfortunately I have a critical render job running on our network this weekend, so I cannot update until the beginning of the next week.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend!

Comment

Working...
      X