Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osl maps compatibility...

Hello .

it's like the osl node 'Float-to-Int' , the vray materials don't take it directly.. you must use a multiply node convert to float data.

I am not sure if it is a bug, but hope the vray Materials can use them dont need any convert.

I presume the VRayMtls simply do not accept integers. What are you trying to achieve?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Well I just try to explore some effect with Osl maps, need ceil mode make gray color turn to white , so encounted this situation.

Comment

It actually works if you enable the OSL's additional parameters and plug from there.

Comment

Additional parameters input works , but its for pure values , you can't plug a texture there.

Comment

Originally posted by will_will View Post
            Additional parameters input works , but its for pure values , you can't plug a texture there.
            I am unsure if the Float-to-Int is the best way to approach this. Have you tried using OSL Clamp/Min/Max? Sounds like these nodes should do what you want.

Comment

I need this node's ceil and round mode , turns a grayscale map to black/white, use it as a mask. but the material doesn't accept it . It took me a lot of time to realize that it was an integer type output, and must be multiplied by 1.0 to use it . (clamp/max/min they are float type output so they have no problem)

the Arnold renderer material accept this node , so I thought it was maybe a compatibility issue..

Later on, I tested many built-in nodes of 3dsmax, they also couldn't support integer output, so now I think this should be compatibility issue themselves.

Comment

Working...
              X