Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPR/Frame Buffer instability with Max 2024.1

Hi,

I'm having isses with Max crashing when I'm running the IPR. It seems to be a lot more unstable recently, it's not a matter of if but when.
    For example this morning, in a very basic scene, I launched the IPR and rotated a V-Ray Dome Light, immediate crashed.
    It appears to be random, sometimes I can be working for an hour or so without issue before it happens, others only a few minutes.

I'm running the latest releases of Max, V-Ray and I'm using V-Ray CPU.

Any help here would be much appreciated

Do attach the 3dsmax_minidump.dmp file located here (C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp) after crashing so we can troubleshoot. Make sure the time stamp matches the time of the crash.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I am finding that too of late, since the latest driver update and the latest Vantage update................. if it crashes again i will send on the dump file.

Comment

I too have experience IPR | FB crashing but not in max 2024 (not using that), but in every previous version of max.
        My take is that it's not Max and it's not Vray, it's the third-party plugins, i.e., forest pack.

The scenes have to be quite heavy for the crash to happen. It doesn't when you use a very simple scene.
        i always proxy vegetation, people, cars,

This may not be in your case reflected on why your scenes crashes.

Comment

Vray IPR is unstable, it has been for years, as you guys say editing Forest Packs, editing procedural maps, pretty much anything can cause it to crash. For me it's improved from a few years back but alas it's still a little bit buggy.
          AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Comment

Originally posted by luckett_jason@hotmail.com View Post
            Vray IPR is unstable, it has been for years, as you guys say editing Forest Packs, editing procedural maps, pretty much anything can cause it to crash. For me it's improved from a few years back but alas it's still a little bit buggy.
            Send us dump files when that happens, so that we can either fix it on our side, or coordinate a fix with the plugin owner if that is the case.
            While we fully appreciate the value of your time, collecting a minidump and firing an email can be done in the time a crashed Max restarts and reloads the scene.
            That downtime couldn't be spent better, so to speak.

Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
            X