No announcement yet.

Progressively rendered deep images don't-write file. Unexpected failure state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progressively rendered deep images don't-write file. Unexpected failure state

If you check deep output but render with progressive the finished renders simply aren't saved. I would expect an output to be written even if it's a non-deep standard image.

It would be a good sanity check to also pop up an error like there is for "Are you sure you want to overwrite existing raw images?" for "You've checked Deep but your progressive mode will render deep. Continue? Yes/No".
    Gavin Greenwalt
    im.thatoneguy[at]gmail.com || Gavin[at]SFStudios.com
    Straightface Studios

Also this page could use that note about progressive vs bucket rendering. And also that OptionRE + Multipart needs to be unchecked.

Deep Output Support - V-Ray for 3ds Max - Global Site (chaos.com)
    Gavin Greenwalt
    Straightface Studios

Comment

Thanks for the report. I've logged an improvement request (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-13640) so as to avoid any further confusion.

Originally posted by im.thatoneguy View Post
      Also this page could use that note about progressive vs bucket rendering.​
      There's already a note stating that only bucket mode is supported. Or am I misunderstanding?

​​​​​​​
      Originally posted by im.thatoneguy View Post
      And also that OptionRE + Multipart needs to be unchecked.
      I'll notify the docs team about this.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
        There's already a note stating that only bucket mode is supported. Or am I misunderstanding?
        No I just searched for "Progressive" and real quck on the page and didn't get a result. I needed to have searched for bucket hehe. My bad!

Gavin Greenwalt
        Straightface Studios

Comment

Working...
        X