Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active project folder does not include Chaos Cosmo assets

3DS Max 2023.
    When I create an active Folder for my MAX project, I would like it to also house any downloaded Cosmo Browser maps. Can I force Cosmo browser to use a project folder, so all associated maps reside inside the proper subfolder? I have a project folder set up, but COSMO still defaults to it original location inside my local "Documents" folder. I have "Convert local file paths to relative" checked so it works for me, but when anyone else opens my file the Cosmo assets are still pointing to "Documents".

The more recent versions of Chaos will sometimes find an auto download missing assets, but it doesnt seem to work all the time. It works for Chaos models better than for Chaos Materials.

the just change your path in cosmos. top left there are the three dots you are looking for. =)
    I changed here for instance to a network path to my general asset folder, so all machines in a network can link to same path.
    And all projects that make use of assets textures are using same structure without the need to have unnecessary double copies.

Comment

I can do that for a network path, but the issue is large files through the network are not really great. We are mostly remote so its tough to work with that many remote files. I was hoping setting the active project in MAX would also change the paths for Cosmo assets so all we need to do is set the project to the folder and all the maps would be stored in the unique folder within our project folder. Yes I can change it manually every time. But with so many concurrent projects that is laborious.

Comment

Oh I see you missed a little detail - I´ m out! =) Smells like a more specified cloud solution you may need, when you are all working remote. This isn´t so easy I guess.
        But in fact - or my theory: cosmos everywhere the same, or? No difference. Why not everybody is linking a Folder in a network path witch is having a unified disk letter. Say z: for instance.
        so your global work folder and the lokal cosmos folder is sharing the same place in the Network path everybody is using in. If person A is opening on his Machine the Project everybody sees, it is opening and will read just the local textures from Cosmos.
        But maybe it seems too easy here.

anyway, what you can do is to try "Connecter" from Design Connected. This is an asset management tool, witch I only use here local on my machine (and therefore it´s free) but it is made for networks and cloud solutions maybe there can you find what you need. Then it cost something, maybe it´ s worth about. I found it quiet promising.

Comment

Working...
        X