Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Projector / Gobo light from a light source that is not fully directional - Vray 6, update 1.2, 3DS Max 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector / Gobo light from a light source that is not fully directional - Vray 6, update 1.2, 3DS Max 2024

Hi all

I try to put up a spot light that is suppose to be used as a projector. I also like to use VrayEnvironmentFog to make the light show the dust it passes through (The effect is made stronger in the example image so it is easier to see).

I have no problem doing it with the light put on directional (the yellow lines), but the moment I turn the directional value down (The pink lines) the projector animation that is shown on the wall disappears. I have read the documentation at it is said that it will have to be directional, but I wonder if anyone has manage to make a work around for this?

My goal is to have a projector and the illusion works when I don't have "fog", but when I use fog then it is obviously to see that the projector light is not comping from the lens (the black box at the light source in the image) of the projector.

Br
    Harald Martinoff

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spot-vrayfog.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	1193554

Hi, I would take a standard spotlight for the fog of the light rays from the lens and (dont know if it would project a sourcemap correct) the invisible vray light as you have here. But only Max´´ s standard spotlight is capable to make nice rays in fog like this. Vray is diffusing its light right away when you open the angle.
    I had the same prob and that was it I came up with. Maybe one of some solutions... =)

Comment

Thank you Caypiranah

Of course! I get so stuck in everything Vray that I forget that Max has its own lights and solutions when it comes to this. Will test it out, but still strange that Chaos has not built option to make a proper Gobo light option with an angle!

Br
      Harald Martinoff

Comment

Originally posted by harald_martinoff View Post
        Thank you Caypiranah

Of course! I get so stuck in everything Vray that I forget that Max has its own lights and solutions when it comes to this.
        Yes, same to me often. =) Sometimes tend to get stupidly stuck on something, and forgot to look over the tellerrand finding something obliviously
        Glad you found a solution.

all the best,
        Kay

Comment

Working...
        X