X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Spawner PC Status:busy Connected:0.0.0.0 Problem

3DsMax 2021
    Vray Core Version 6.10.08
    (running vray spawner simply by double clicking the "vrayspawner2021.exe" and it stays in the system tray)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	100
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1194179

Hello,
    I am using Vray for network rendering in my company. We have connected a few PC in a local network to use for network rendering.

We have one main machine where we are sending the task to render. It is our main Render Machine. Lets call it WS-07
    And we got 2 other machines ( WS-08, WS-09 ) where we are running VraySpawner2021 to contribute in the render process.

At the 1st time, when we start the Vray Spawner in the WS-08 and WS-09, it runs perfectly without any issue. it Connects to the WS-07 and contributes in the rendering process.
    But after a few renders, (there is no specific time to mention) it doesn't take any render task from WS-07 the main node.

To check the problem, we used the "DR check tool" provided by VRay for troubleshooting. We found that the machine is Status:busy Connected:0.0.0.0
    The error looks like this

Code:
    C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\3ds Max 2021\bin>vraydr_check.exe -host=192.168.101.208 -port=20204
    Connected:0.0.0.0
    Num processors:32
    V-Ray core version:6.10.08
    V-Ray revision info: May 2 2023 16:33:55

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	171
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1194178

This problem is solved by closing the Vray spawner manually and restarting it again.
    Now its very disturbing to check the status of each spawner again and again, and restart the Vray Spawner.

Why is this happening? why is the status is getting busy while connected to an IP 0.0.0.0 ?

Additionally, to solve the issue I enabled the restart servers from vray DBR configuration settings.
    here is the code inside the vray_dr.cfg file:

Code:
    192.168.100.210 1 20204
    restart_servers 1
    list_in_scene 0
    max_servers 0
    use_local_machine 1
    transfer_missing_assets 1
    use_cached_assets 0
    cache_limit_type 2
    cache_limit 100.000000
    render_region_warning 1
    But it didn't work out. Could anyone please tell me what am I missing?

​Thank you for your help.

​​

Thank you for your post.
    Could you please open a ticket into our system, so we can take a look at your issue on a remote session:
    https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Also, please mention this forum thread and confirm if you try to start the Swarm Service automatically through the services, not manually, is there any difference?
    Let me know.
    Thank you.
    Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
    support@chaosgroup.com

Contact Support

Chaos Group

Comment

@stefan.isakov

I am sorry. I think I mentioned that I am using 3dsMax 2021.
      and According to the Vray documentation: https://docs.chaos.com/display/VRAYSWARM/V-Ray+Swarm​

******* V-Ray Swarm is available in V-Ray for Revit, V-Ray for Rhino, and V-Ray for SketchUp ********

If I am not wrong, I cannot use Vray Swarm service for 3Dsmax. Besides, I already tried using Vray Swarm service for 3dsMax DBR And it didn't work out.

Thanks for the Ticket link. I created a ticket and mentioned the forum link there.

Regards.

Comment

Yes, you are right about the Swarm service, what I meant to say is vrayspawner, instead of Swarm. Did you try to run vrayspawner as a serivice instead of running it manually? We will proceed our communication into the ticket. Thank you!
        Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
        support@chaosgroup.com

Contact Support

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
        X