Objects with self illumination not reflecting when network rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Objects with self illumination not reflecting when network rendering

I have recently had some scenes with an issue not showing the custom reflection objects in renders. I commonly do renderings of homes that want to see the specific site in the reflections and I'll map photos on a plane. When I render without using backburner, it renders fine, but when I submit the render to network rendering, sometimes the reflection image doesn't show in the reflections. See attached examples.
    - object properties have been checked for visibility
    - layer properties have been checked for renderability
    - material is a v-ray light material with the photo in the map slot, compensate for camera exposure is checked.

Any suggestions? It is only when network rendering that I have the issue. No other materials or objects have issues rendering.

*** edit - I also found that the object with the image itself doesn't render. If I want the image to show up as a background it renders white, with no photo reflected, or shown beyond as a background.
    Last edited by rmaytee; 28-11-2023, 01:19 PM.
    Timothy Saunders

I guess the nodes are not finding the textures. Check their paths in the Asset tracker and make sure all the nodes have access to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Joelaff View Post
      I guess the nodes are not finding the textures. Check their paths in the Asset tracker and make sure all the nodes have access to them.
      The crazy thing is, I am rendering local. I only network render for the purpose of setting up multiple renders in a queue. They are visible in the viewport, so there's no common reason they shouldn't render with backburner. I think it has something to do with it being a v-ray light material. I tried copying the bitmap on to a regular v-ray material and it worked just fine with BB.
      Timothy Saunders

Comment

Best you simplify and attach (or send) the scene so we can troubleshoot it.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X