Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray_adv_62000_max2023_x64 install

Hi
    just installed vray_adv_62000_max2023_x64 (as admin) and 3D Max won't start up properly, everything seems to load OK, but can't access any menus etc, the interface is 'locked' ?
    Re installed vray_adv_61008_max2023_x64 and everything is fine ?
    No idea what's going on
    Just tried Max 2024 6200 vray update, exactly same issue, re-installing 61008 version and everything is fine again ??
    thanks
    Spike
    Last edited by spikeadelic; 30-11-2023, 05:57 AM.

As no-one has got back to me I will update/answer myself
    Did a clean Max 2024 install, a clean VRay Max 2024 6200​ install, it worked ! ...................... until I opened the material editor, then it all locked up.
    So, if no working update by next licence renewal I will save myself some money by not renewing and sticking with vray_adv_61008_max202x_x64​ version.
    Never known VRay like this, after 20 odd years using it the install and auto-uninstall of the previous version seemed blast proof?

Comment

Strange I use 2023 with 6.2 and besides an issue with the material editor so far no problems.

If you're not renewing your license you won't be able to stick with 6.1 either, no?
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Will do it in AI, ha haa OR a sand box with a stick !

Sorted Max 2024 out, every other material editor worked, Arnold, Scanline, Quicksiler, ART Renderer etc from the get go ............................ so left Max/VRAY fighting over each other for what became 40 mins and hey presto, it works, no idea what is going on.
        Like I said, in over 20 years the install was bullet proof, then 4 days ago .............................. maybe just my time to get problems.

Comment

Working...
        X