Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB Layers List

Hi,
    since update 6.2 the list of layers is hidden.
    I'd like it to be deployed by default as before.
    I can't do it.​

Here's what I got
    Click image for larger version

Name:	01.png
Views:	205
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	1196287

Here's what I'd like
    Click image for larger version

Name:	02.png
Views:	163
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1196288
    Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
    Sketchup PRO 23.0.419 + V-Ray 6.20.02
    3DS Max 2024.2.1 + V-Ray 6.20.06
    Chaos Vantage 2.3.0
    GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Hello,

No changes there in 6.2 - it is a setting that is saved locally in your Max user profile.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Thanks, I'll take a closer look.
      Chaos Vantage 2.3.0

Comment

Unrelated to 6.2... I've noticed that the layers list occasionally "resets" and rolls up. This is on in-use scenes, not brand new ones, and while I'm working in them. I'll close the vfb and when I return to it the list is collapsed. All of the old layers are still there so no harm done though. I can't seem to notice a pattern or cause of why this happens. Just a very minor nuisance though but I thought I'd mention it.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Hi,
          Thank you for mentioning it.
          This never happened to me until I installed 6.2. So I "logically" blamed it on 6.2.
          But I'm making a mistake (as with my disappearing icons topic...)​
          Chaos Vantage 2.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
            No changes there in 6.2 - it is a setting that is saved locally in your Max user profile.
            Where/how exactly is this saved? When I open a new scene it seems like it's usually rolled up all the way so I'd like to be able to verify it's being saved correctly.

www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

They are saved in your Max profile dir (the ENU folder). You can just change the sizes to how you like them, restart Max and see if they restore properly.

The file itself is ..\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2024 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\vrayvfbuser.ini (or your respective Max version)
              Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Thank you. It was the vrayvfbuser.ini file I was looking for.

Comment

I think I may have identified a possible issue. It doesn't seem like the VFB is saving the "layer_tree_collapsed" setting into the ini file when the layer tree is actually open. It correctly writes the "layer_tree_height" setting whenever you change the height but the "collapsed" setting stays "false". Hence, each time the VFB is opened fresh the layer rollout is collapsed even though the height was non-zero. Using the 'P' key to hide/show the layer tree does properly toggle "layer_tree_collapsed" setting in the ini file though. I can also edit it manually in the ini file to "true" and everything behaves as expected.

Comment

"layer_tree_collapsed" should be "true" only if the tree is actually collapsed - so in your case it sounds like it should stay "false" ?
                    Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
                      "layer_tree_collapsed" should be "true" only if the tree is actually collapsed - so in your case it sounds like it should stay "false" ?
                      Sorry, yes it should be 'false' in the situation I'm describing. To recreate the issue just collapse the layer tree with the P key and then pull down the layer tree handle to any position. This should set both the layer height to the value and set the 'collapsed' to 'false' but it only sets the 'height' value, not the 'collapsed' value.

Incidentally, the history panel seems to work correctly... pressing H or pulling the handle properly sets the "history_collapsed" to the correct value.
                      Last edited by dlparisi; 12-12-2023, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Ahh I see it - we handle those cases for the other two splitters but we've missed it for the Layers tree. Logged in (internal id VMAX-13810).

Thanks for debugging this one for us
                        Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Working...
                        X