Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rail clone and ForestPro in update 2

Hi guys,
    just updated vray and it seems it's not compatible with iToo software at this moment. I'll have to wait for their updates? Tried exporting my scene to Vantage and FP objects are not visible. Also tried installing vray 6.1 for MAX 2023. and it gives a checksum error. It says it probably wasn't downloaded properly. Tried it twice. Any ideas?
    Edit: it renders fine in MAX.
    Edit 2: just downloaded 6.1 under premium instead of perpetual and now the file is 600MB instead of 500MB and installing fine
    Thx
    Last edited by Crayox13; 01-12-2023, 05:32 AM.
    www.hrvojedesign.com

Hi, thanks for posting. You can find V-Ray 6, update 2 (latest) for 3ds Max 2023 here. I tested both Forest Pack and Rail clone and they work and render fine. If you have any issues please share.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2023-12-01_18-22-28.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	265.9 KB
ID:	1196333
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Can you try exporting that scene to Vantage and see if it exports FP things?
      www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Hi again. Both Live Link and scene export (tested on 3ds Max 2023 and 3ds Max 2024.2) works on my setup with the latest release of V-Ray without issues.
        Please try a new simple scene. If the simple scene works and you have issue with your production scene, send it for review here or through the support system and add a link to this thread in your e-mail to support.
        If the simple scene does not work look again into your installation.
        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello,

There are some changes on V-Ray for 3ds Max side that are not reflected yet on Vantage side so it is not compatible with scenes with ForestPro. Update will be released very soon hopefully.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
          Yavor
          Yavor Rubenov
          V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Oh,cool, thanks
            www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

I have a project on hold because, since the latest V-Ray, several things have been broken. I know, I can roll back V-Ray, but if Vantage is being updated soon, I would rather not.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com
              e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
              phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
              • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
              • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Yeah, I had to roll back since I was in the middle of doing an animation with Vantage and grass wasn't exporting.
                www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Hi guys,

We have released version 2.2.0 of Vantage which adds support for the new way V-Ray for 3ds Max exports Forest and Railclone objects. Can you please download the new version and check if it works for you?

Best regards,
                  Alexander​
                  Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

It works, but not completely. If I have Custom Edit in Forest Pack active, that FP object does not show in Vantage. If I change it back to "Generate" under Items Editor in Forest Pack it shows up in vantage.

I updated ForestPack and everything is working !!!
                    Last edited by bildform; 10-12-2023, 05:36 AM.
                    https://www.instagram.com/bildform.de/

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander.Atanasov View Post
                      Hi guys,

We have released version 2.2.0 of Vantage which adds support for the new way V-Ray for 3ds Max exports Forest and Railclone objects. Can you please download the new version and check if it works for you?

Best regards,
                      Alexander​
                      I can cofirm that my FP grass is now imported! For RC I use a generator to make parking lines and put cars on but if the cars are vrayproxies and in "box" mode GPU in MAX and in Vantage renders them as boxes. But I heard from RC guys that's a known problem for them and not easily solved. We can solve it by making our vrayproxies "show mesh" but haven't tested that yet.
                      www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

But now on my other scene in MAX, GPU render just stops and doesn't even start. Says preparing render and render window closes. Will have to revert back again. Some of the errors are
                        Error : Local machine is not used for distributed rendering and no servers can join!
                        Error : Unsupported material 'Material #855 (Ink 'n Paint)'
                        [15:59:04.715] Error : Affected Nodes: Saphires02, Saphires003, Line06, Saphires004, Line188, Line192
                        [15:59:04.728] Error : Unsupported material 'Material YOUR STUDIO PHOTOS / RENDERING FARMS PHOTOS (Ink 'n Paint)'
                        [15:59:04.736] Error : Affected Nodes: Line191, Line190, Line07, Line187, Line193, Line08, Line194, Line189, Line04

Any ideas? These all rendered fine on 6.1
                        www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

I guess it's something else, now my 6.1 GPU won't render either. No idea why.
                          Edit: so...I switched back to CPU, clicked render. It asked me to overwrite the save file I clicked yes, cancled the render, switched back to GPU and GPU also asked (it didn't previusly, I checked) and it renders ok now ...software sometimes
                          Last edited by Crayox13; 11-12-2023, 08:11 AM.
                          www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crayox13 View Post
                            But now on my other scene in MAX, GPU render just stops and doesn't even start. Says preparing render and render window closes. Will have to revert back again. Some of the errors are
                            Error : Local machine is not used for distributed rendering and no servers can join!
                            Error : Unsupported material 'Material #855 (Ink 'n Paint)'
                            [15:59:04.715] Error : Affected Nodes: Saphires02, Saphires003, Line06, Saphires004, Line188, Line192
                            [15:59:04.728] Error : Unsupported material 'Material YOUR STUDIO PHOTOS / RENDERING FARMS PHOTOS (Ink 'n Paint)'
                            [15:59:04.736] Error : Affected Nodes: Line191, Line190, Line07, Line187, Line193, Line08, Line194, Line189, Line04

Any ideas? These all rendered fine on 6.1
                            Happens to me all the time. I don't care if the CPU takes a lot longer; it is predictable. GPU isn't and I waste a lot of time troubleshooting things like this.
                            Bobby Parker
                            www.bobby-parker.com
                            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Crayox13 View Post
                              But now on my other scene in MAX, GPU render just stops and doesn't even start. Says preparing render and render window closes.
                              Probably not the case but I found when this happens to me some how distribute rendering box gets checked. When I go to hit render, vray looks to render via distributing rendering but since there are no machines set up it starts to render and just sits there. Always had to go back to CPU and than back to GPU and it would reset itself. I finally dug into the logs and saw it was trying to do this made me go look which I never even go into that area of the render settings so I was shocked to see that box was checked. Guess something to watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X