Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Nightly Builds and Release Notes

Hey,

So we have been running nightly stable builds for a long time now, and I was just curious what dictates when a new stable nightly build comes out. Are they just fully automated and every night (sometimes there aren't builds every night-- so they don't seem exactly "nightly")? Or are the builds human curated as to "We fixed a couple bugs so let's do a nightly build tonight?"

In other words, when the release notes say "No relevant changes" do they actually mean it? It is just a build number bump with zero code changes? Or could that mean some small bugs were fixed that are just not in the release notes?

The main reason I am asking now is that we are about to bump up to the latest, and I see there are at least two stable nightly builds since the release build now. The notes seem to indicate No Relevant Changes since the release date version.

We would definitely want to install any recent fixes, as this has to be deployed to the entire farm, and this takes time.

Thanks.

Hello,

Nightly builds are automated and happen every night - if there are any changes in the stable branch. Changes go to the stable branch manually - f.e when we decide some bug fix is tested and stable enough.
    Release notes and 'No relevant changes' - the release notes are different for the different products - V-Ray for 3ds Max, for Maya etc.. So if there are some changes specific for one product that do not concern another - some might end up with 'No relevant changes' in their release notes.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Thanks for the info. So basically if there are No relevant changes there really are no changes I guess? Or are there sometimes things that make it into the nightly stable builds that are not documented in the release notes?

Thanks.

Comment

As I said - there could be changes related to other integrations. In that case V-Ray for 3ds Max stable builds release notes will contain 'No relevant changes' and V-Ray for some other integration will contain changes.
        Yavor Rubenov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

OK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X