Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRay Standalone Renders VRayEnvironmentFog Lights in "Rest" of LightMix-- Vray Max Does it Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Standalone Renders VRayEnvironmentFog Lights in "Rest" of LightMix-- Vray Max Does it Right

Please see the attached scene.

Render in 3ds Max (Specifically 2023.2 with Vray build 32029 though no reason to think this has been fixed yet). You will see the light elements for the two Free Spot lights are correct. Each light element controls the contribution of its respective light as you would expect.

Export and Render using Standalone (did it from Max, but same from Deadline)... All the lights affecting the fog are in the "Rest" element, and we don't have access to the individual lights' contributions to the fog via their LightMix elements.

The output from Standalone should match Max, and you should be able to have access to the individual light contributions in their respective LightMix elements.

The same applies to the light select elements saved with LightMix.

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Joelaff; 05-12-2023, 02:14 PM.

The issue seems to be fixed in the latest official V-Ray 6, update 2 (6.20.00). Try it out.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Oh, excellent! Just installed that on the farm last night. Well, I installed the nightly, but hopefully close enough.

Will try it.

Comment

That fixed it! You just saved me the overhead of an additional render. Cheers!

I also noticed that standalone seems more interactive than in 6.10. In the previous version the UI would become sluggish a lot of the time (the UI of the VFB in standalone). Now it seems to be smooth. Did anything change there, or would that be some other cause?

Comment

Judging by the changelog information, there don't seem to be any changes about that. Must have been something else.
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Or perhaps it was fixed in a version that was newer than the one I was using. Prior to the upgrade I had been using a build from April I think (32029). However, I did not see a mention of it either.

Anyway, it works now!

Comment

Working...
            X