Escape scene from Rhino not exporting materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escape scene from Rhino not exporting materials

Hello, I am testing the new features to export From Enscape Rhino in to 3D Max and is not working.
    If I export the the Rhino model as VRay scene, by the Enscape button or the VRay scene option then I can load that VRay scene into 3D MAx and its render fine.
    But if I load into 3D Max with the new option to import geometry from Enscape, then I lose all materials and lights, the camera import correctly but the geometry is just wire colors.
    I am using the latest V Ray and latest Enscape for Rhino 7

Dear cgrant3d_cg​, hello.

Excuse us for the delayed response and thank you for the interesting topic.
    Yesterday we officially released V-Ray 6 Update 2 for Rhino, but even before updating let's try to find out what the problematic situation may be.

Versions
    You mentioned that you're using latest Enscape version, but let's underline to the community as a helpful fact that it shouldn't be an earlier one than 1.0.39.
    We love to see exact numbers, so screenshots showing the exact versions are always welcomed and needed.
    • exact 3ds Max version
    • exact Rhino version
    • exact Enscape version
    • since you are trying to import in 3ds Max, you are using V-Ray 6 Update 2 for sure
    Supported features
    Since there are still limitations, your scene may contain specific lights and materials that we need to develop support for.
    We will highly appreciate if you share the project with us, we will perform the needed tests in our environment and contact back with a statement and solutions.

If you agree I will open for you a support ticket and there you could upload the project files for further investigation.
    Please just confirm.

N.B!
    Enscape VRScene Importer in V-Ray for 3ds Max is developed to work only with .vrscene files exported from Enscape.

Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Hello again!

I just opened ticket # 186490 for you in our system - you will receive an e-mail and will be able to see it under My activities in Help Center.

To avoid misunderstanding and share with the community - the mentioned in my previous post 1.0.39 version is visible in the VRScene file after exporting it and opening it with a text editor (Notepad for example):
      // Exported by EnscapeVRayConv version 1.0.39
      // Exported at Tue Dec 12 14:27:37 2023
      // enscape 3.5.6+202715 for Rhino Rhino 7 SR 34 (7.34.23267.11001)​
      Latest Enscape version 3.5.6+202715 uses it, visual example also here.

Waiting for your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by tsvetomira.girginova View Post
        Hello again!

I just opened ticket # 186490 for you in our system - you will receive an e-mail and will be able to see it under My activities in Help Center.

To avoid misunderstanding and share with the community - the mentioned in my previous post 1.0.39 version is visible in the VRScene file after exporting it and opening it with a text editor (Notepad for example):

Latest Enscape version 3.5.6+202715 uses it, visual example also here.

Waiting for your answer.
        Hello, sorry I haven't have time to revisit this issue, I will collect this information post it here ans send you the request file.
        Thank you for looking in to this.

Comment

Thank you too.

Waiting for the continuance.

Comment

Yep same here, did a quick test, materials missing on some things, will investigate when I get some time tomorrow. Latest Vray (6.2000) and Enscape for Rhino 6 (3.5.6+202715) and Max 2024.2
            AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Comment

Dear luckett_jason@hotmail.com, let's investigate together.

Thank you for sharing versions.
              A test scene will be highly appreciated. Please send it via our contact form.

Also a quick reminder to cgrant3d_cg - without the details we are not able to start the real investigation or help you in any way.​

Waiting for your answers.
              Thanks in advance.

Comment

Dear tsvetomira.girginova,

I attached some screen shots. I just sent the exported .vrscene with maps to your contact form in your link.

01-rhino viewport.jpg shows the rhino file.
                02-Enscape viewport.jpg shows the rendered Enscape file.
                03-3dsmax viewport.jpg shows the imported geometry.
                04-3dsmax IPR viewport.jpg shows the resulting 3dsmax viewport missing the geometry and textures.

Most of the materials appear to come in like 05-Materials blanked out.jpg.

Thanks,

Jason
                Attached Files
                AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Comment

Thank you, Jason!

I took the ticket and will write there what is still needed in order to investigate.
                  Final conclusions will be shared here as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X