Light Lister Refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Lister Refresh

The new light lister looks good, but I can't find the refresh button.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Does it actually need one? Seems like everything is updated in real time whenever I change something.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

It didn't seem to for me, but I'll try again. I know that the old one didn't.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

There is no need for a refresh with this one. Could you please share some details of what is not refreshing?

Comment

I'll double-check. Maybe I assumed it didn't refresh.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

dimitar_panayotov

Would it be possible to place the '(amount)' info at the end of the light description? We name all.our lights and use it to easily see what needs to be turned on or off based on cam and/or interior/exterior scene. Now that clean clear list of lights gets muddied when there are multiple instances.

Does the lister save the chosen visual settings? I feel like everytime I need to turn stuff on and off. We use the ev setting for exposure and by default it isnt in the list.

Thanks!

Comment

It also wont allow you to delete a selected light (leftside selection button) without activating the viewport window after every light selection

Comment

Hi.
                "Would it be possible to place the '(amount)' info at the end of the light description? We name all.our lights and use it to easily see what needs to be turned on or off based on cam and/or interior/exterior scene. Now that clean clear list of lights gets muddied when there are multiple instances." - There was a UX reason for this one to be in front of the name. I registered your request but I can't promise anything. (VMAX-13832)

Edit: Can you elaborate on what bothers you? Is it the position of the brackets with the numbers that are in front of the names or it's something else related to the instances and how they appear in the stack of lights?

"Does the lister save the chosen visual settings? I feel like everytime I need to turn stuff on and off. We use the ev setting for exposure and by default it isnt in the list."- The preferred look of the lister is saved in the ENU folder. In addition, you could save your own template by clicking the gear icon in the corner. After that, you could load this layout into your new project.

"It also wont allow you to delete a selected light (leftside selection button) without activating the viewport window after every light selection" - This issue is already registered in the system under VMAX-13658.
                Last edited by dimitar_panayotov; 18-12-2023, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dimitar_panayotov View Post
                  Hi.
                  "Would it be possible to place the '(amount)' info at the end of the light description? We name all.our lights and use it to easily see what needs to be turned on or off based on cam and/or interior/exterior scene. Now that clean clear list of lights gets muddied when there are multiple instances." - There was a UX reason for this one to be in front of the name. I registered your request but I can't promise anything. (VMAX-13832)

Edit: Can you elaborate on what bothers you? Is it the position of the brackets with the numbers that are in front of the names or it's something else related to the instances and how they appear in the stack of lights?

"Does the lister save the chosen visual settings? I feel like everytime I need to turn stuff on and off. We use the ev setting for exposure and by default it isnt in the list."- The preferred look of the lister is saved in the ENU folder. In addition, you could save your own template by clicking the gear icon in the corner. After that, you could load this layout into your new project.

"It also wont allow you to delete a selected light (leftside selection button) without activating the viewport window after every light selection" - This issue is already registered in the system under VMAX-13658.
                  - Yeah it is purely that the brackets and amount are at the front. It just visually messes up our list of lights making it less clear when reading which ones should be turned on or off.
                  - I saw the gear icon after posting, hopefully saving it will "bake" into our standard template file.
                  - Ok, great.

Comment

Originally posted by dean_dmoo View Post
                    It also wont allow you to delete a selected light (leftside selection button) without activating the viewport window after every light selection
                    Hi, this was improved in the newest V-Ray 6, update2 hotfix 1. You can find more information here.

Comment

Working...
                    X