Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vray Update was not ready to be released..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vray Update was not ready to be released..

As the title says, there are numerous issues with the new release.
    Its slower, in both vray and vantage, and the textures not showing in the compact version, it's a basic requirement.
    Sorry for the complaint but is should not have been released.............full stop.

Hello,

Its slower
    Can you get us samples for that ?

The textures thing is already fixed and the fix is in the official downloads.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Thank you .
      "The textures thing is already fixed and the fix is in the official downloads."

When was that news updated?
      I received no update to say that.............

it slower because it not render the same speed as last week and same models. I can't show you as i don't have time to do a comparison, i just know because I am sitting longer waiting for images to render.
      What else has been fixed ?

Where is the updated vray to download if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you

Philip

Comment

It was announced here:
        https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...51#post1196851

and the builds are located in the standard place - https://download.chaos.com/

If you can send the scene you find slower to our support - they can compare it with previous builds.
        Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Odd, we are seeing (slightly) faster performance, not slower. But things surely could be scene dependent. For a little speed boost on scenes with very bright parts (like lights, or crazy speculars) try setting the new Adaptivity Clamp on existing scenes to something lower. The new default in 1.5, but if it was an existing scene it will be set to 100 so there is no difference in rendering.

Comment

Agreed with the OP.

Our material editor is costantly and randomly not showing the material shader preview.
            It just disappears and this problem happened on 3 different licensed computer. Totally randomly during the 3dsmax session.

Usually it happens when the license is not loaded​ but that's not the case.

Click image for larger version  Name:	shader.jpg Views:	0 Size:	173.5 KB ID:	1197485

Where can i find the update? If I open the download page i can see only the 7th december one.

Thanks in advance,
            Mattia

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualDesign View Post
              Where can i find the update? If I open the download page i can see only the 7th december one.
              That is the one you need - it is version 6.20.00.00001 and the one you have is the previous 6.20.00.00000
              Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Working...
              X