Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray-Max crash when saving vrimg?

Hi,

We've been running into issues recently that at the end of a backburner job vray/max will crash when saving the final vrimg file. It's mostly the larger files so I thought memory would be the issue (we have 128GB pc's), but I just attempted to save a render and the PC had another 2,5GB ram free but it still just crashed. I would have expected it to run the memory to the limit and then fail which we normally see with lightcache when the files are too heavy. The vrprog file has somehow also been corrupted so now the whole render will need to be re-done....Another file from the same project had the same issue, but fortunately the vrprog file was fine so we could use that. It renders fine so there isn't an issue with the memory for the previous part of the render.

The vrimg/prog files are around 7GB (due to lightmix, which we'll be deleting), 4.5k resolution.

Anyone else running into this, and is it purely a memory issue?

Hi, thanks for posting. Could you collect a 3ds Max dump and а V-Ray log file? Please reproduce the issue once again and look for the dump and log file in your temp folder ( type %temp% in the file explorer ) and send us the newest 3dsmax_minidump.dmp and VRayLog.txt.
    Saving such big files puts a strain on your network. Can you try to run a local render (the idea is to eliminate the Back Burner out of the equation) on the machine that you last had issues with? You could use V-Ray Standalone if you do not have 3ds Max installed to see if this will save the file successfully.

Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 14-12-2023, 09:14 AM.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X