Updated to latest Vray - completely screwed 3D Max 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated to latest Vray - completely screwed 3D Max 2023

Latest version completely screwed 3D Max 2023, now no installed version works, installed 6 previous versions, numerous restarts, full un-installs etc, nothing, great news in a very busy workflow, so not very helpful.
    Max 2024 installed and works, but is a lot slower when Max starts up, populating the material editor etc etc.
    Where did it all go wrong.

FYI, I have never ever had problems like this, been using VRay since 1999, the extended Beta version.

JUST INSTALLED vray_adv_61008_max2023_x64, all fine !!!???
    Last edited by spikeadelic; 16-12-2023, 06:08 AM.

Have you updated MAX 2024 to its latest? I don't have any issues, but I can't compare it to 2023, since I don't have that installed.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
      Have you updated MAX 2024 to its latest? I don't have any issues, but I can't compare it to 2023, since I don't have that installed.
      Hi Glorybound
      the previous Max 2023/2024 VRay update was a disaster, funnily enough I have had no problems like everyone else, the interface stuff, BUT after installing the previous version for the 4th time, I think one of the nightly updates worked, but I can't remember which version, it took approx 40 mins for Max and VRay to 'like' each other, Max remained locked so I left it open (after numerous installs and restarts) and went away to scream, checked on it 20 mins later, still 'locked', no menu drop down, nothing, checked again after another 15-20 mins and after clicking on some menus (to see if it was 'unlocked'), 3 - 4 boxes (the ones that sometimes quickly appear/disappear in installs) flashed on then off in a split second and everything worked .................. until this latest install, unfortunately this 'trick' didn't work again.
      So like with this 'latest' version, I went back to 61008 and it worked from the get go.
      By the way our paths crossed work wise in approx 2013 via Virtual Viewing, a UK company, some big house CGIs.​

Comment

By the way our paths crossed work wise in approx 2013 via Virtual Viewing, a UK company, some big house CGIs.​
        Yes, how are you associated with them? Nine years ago this month I did several houses for them. I went to their website and their copyright is 2021; are they still around?
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Worked there, left many years ago, they are still around.
          Finally got VRay to work, full un-install of VRay and Max 2023, re-installed Max 2023 and VRay, was able to open Max and all menu's seemed to work, then after selecting the Material Editor Max locked up .................... Task Manager said 'not responding', so I left it stewing and hey presto after 30-40 mins (again!) VRay and Max were working together again.
          Never seen this palaver in any software setup, a total mystery, although found this, but it was only after updating VRay, totally baffled.
          https://www.autodesk.com/support/tec...s-3ds-Max.html

Comment

Working...
          X