Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove all displacement in scene?

Hi,

We are running into a memory issue with displacement. Essentially we only need it to be on for one object, but it seems to be turned on in multiple objects. But due to the size of the scene going through them 1-by-1 would take a bit of time. I saw an older post from nearly 10 years ago to use zorb but on scriptspot there looks to be issues installing for max2023.

Any tips what would be the best way/plugin to use to turn off all displacement in the scene/materials?

The free Forensic from Sini Software can do that :
    https://www.sinisoftware.com/Plugins/Forensic

Zorb script is good and you can make it work with max 2023 , but it is awfully slow in big scenes so I personally avoid it .

My friend wrote a script that is much much faster and can adjust objects, lights, materials, modifiers ,maps ....etc in few clicks. it is paid script but it worth it imo , you can find it here:
    https://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/s...rsal-select-by

Last edited by M.Max; 19-12-2023, 02:22 AM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
    Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

also, soulburnscripts still work.
      e: info@adriandenne.com
      w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Thanks guys! Will try them out. Hopefully that will fix this as the none displacement animations were fine. *finger crossed*

Comment

Hi, if you want to disable ALL displacement in a scene you could use the good old "displacement" checker in the V-Ray's global switches rollout:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2023-12-19_15-15-48.gif
Views:	123
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	1198113
          Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks,

So the sini software found the culprit. A couple of forestpack objects accidentally had vraydisplacementmod's on them...sheeesh. Deleted the mods and it was fine again.

Comment

Working...
            X