Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRayProxy Mangles Imported Houdini Alembic Channels Unless Subdivision is Enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayProxy Mangles Imported Houdini Alembic Channels Unless Subdivision is Enabled

I imported an Alembic created in Houdini using VRayProxy. I can see from the Vertex Color node connected to the assigned material that the channels are present. But when I render the object with the channels the data is incorrect.

If I enable Subdivison (Subdivide All Meshes) in the VRayProxy settings then everything works as it should. If I set the subdivison level to 0 the results are again incorrect. The subdiv level must be at least 1.

If I load the ABC into the Max ABC importer it also works correctly.

Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks.

Joe, could you mail me the files? (Any you can share under NDA)
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

OK. Sent you an email.

I think I found a workaround:

I think I may have just found a workaround. It looks like if I reorder the map for the channels I want into Map slot1 (and update the vertex map settings accordingly) then it works correctly.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	dataurl975368.png Views:	0 Size:	10.6 KB ID:	1198831
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Joelaff; 03-01-2024, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Just in case it matters. Running the nightly from 2023-12-29. Build 32397
        Last edited by Joelaff; 03-01-2024, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X