HDRI Reflections appear very pixelated when Adaptive Dome is turned on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDRI Reflections appear very pixelated when Adaptive Dome is turned on

I am rendering out a very simple product render that has a Dome light using an HDRI map. When I looked at the reflection pass, I saw that it was extremely pixelated. The only way I could find to fix the issue was to turn off Adaptive Dome. Does anyone know why this is happening and if there is a different fix? Using V-Ray 6, update 2.

Thanks,
    Bishop
    Attached Files

Hi, thanks for posting. Could you archive the scene and send it for review? You can do that here or trough the support contact form. If you use the contact form please include a link to this thread in your message.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Do you have retrace disabled by any chance?
      pixel bender @ panoptikon

Comment

Ray trace is enabled

Comment

I think he means retrace under the GI Light Cache settings.

Comment

Yes, retrace is checked on

Comment

Posting the response from customer service in case anyone else runs into this issue:

…as a workaround, you can go to the Global switches rollout menu and change the “Adaptive lights” setting to “Light Tree”.

Comment

Hi, the issue is reported under VMAX-13911 in our internal bug tracking system.
                There are artefacts similar to the image in the first post in VRayRawReflection with very low values of reflection glossiness and adaptive lights.

A possible workaround is to switch adaptive lights dropdown to "full lights evaluation" or "light tree"
                Click image for larger version  Name:	3dsmax_2024-01-19_17-27-53.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.7 KB ID:	1200240
                We will notify you when the fix is ready.
                Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 19-01-2024, 08:28 AM.
                Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                X