3ds Max - V-Ray crashes every 150 frames during rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds Max - V-Ray crashes every 150 frames during rendering

Hello, I've been trying to render out a project for a big client and 3ds Max or V-Ray keeps crashing every 150 frames or so. I have no clue where to even begin looking and whether it's 3ds Max or V-Ray with the issue.

Attached is the dump files and it would be greatly appreciated if someone could give me some guidance.

I couldn't upload the .xml or dmp. files directly so I zipped them

Thanks a lot!
    Attached Files

Hi, thanks for posting.
    We looked into the dump you have provided. Please make sure you are not running out of video memory.
    Are you experiencing the crash at roughly the same frames each time?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply. It happens about every 150 frames then crashes.

What could be a possible solution? It's running on a 4090, and the stats are these:

Thanks a lot!
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
        If this issue is happening on multiple different projects you should examine your hardware and software carefully.

Check the power supply and temperatures of your RTX4090 during extensive periods of full loaded.
        It is best if you monitor your device using a dedicated software (for example this one). Watch your temps and memory consumption around when the crash happens.
        If you don't want to wait for it, record your screen.

If the issue happens only with this project and you have carefully completed all the checks above, please archive and send us the scene for review.
        You can do that here or on the support contact form.

Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X