3DsMax Crashing white rendering or navigating in VFB IPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DsMax Crashing white rendering or navigating in VFB IPR

I've been facing this issue 3 days now and tried everything to make it work but unfortunately 3Dsmax is still crashing and closes randomly (not always) but sometimes when opening IPR live preview or testing a render.

List of troubleshoot that I did:
    • 3DS max 2023 and 2024 same issue tried on both of them and same issue happening
    • uninstalled 3ds max 2023 and 2024 and reinstalled them with latest build and still crashing
    • sometimes I get error report (attached) and sometime it closes without anything.
    • Using latest Vray 60002 I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, also tried the older version of Vray and same issue
    • Tried GPU rendering and CPU rendering, same issue.
    • uninstalled and reinstalled nvidia graphics drivers, also used the DDU in safe mode to uninstall it also tried the older nvidia studio version 546.01 and same issue
    • opened a fresh scene and worked with simple items and lights, also suddenly after a while I'm having the same crash.
    • chaos license server latest build
    • stopped CPU overclocking

but sometimes I can normally render with everything working fine. is there something I'm doing wrong or missed troubleshooting it?
    Attached Files
    PC Specs: CPU i9-14900K - GPU RTX 4090 - RAM 192GB 5200MHz - MB Asus ROG Maximus Dark Hero

this is another crash after rendering 15 frames in like 5 hours but this time vray.dll (attached)
    Attached Files
    PC Specs: CPU i9-14900K - GPU RTX 4090 - RAM 192GB 5200MHz - MB Asus ROG Maximus Dark Hero

Comment

Sounds frustrating.

Delete everything in

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk

(You might have to kill or stop all the Autodesk crap that runs in the background. Turn on show image path in Task manager (right click at the top of the column names and choose Select Columns. Then enable image path name, and sort by it to find everything in the Autodesk directories that is running).

Run sfc /sannow from an admin shell.
      Run the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth​ from an admin shell ( https://www.windowscentral.com/how-u...ndows-10-image )
      Run Disk check (right-click on drive C: and Tools tab). Run it even if it says you don't need to.
      Run a memory test (windows built-in is OK, Memtest86+ is better)

You could try creating a new user on your machine and see if it happens there.

Check your temps with something like CPU-Z.
      Try disabling EXPO or other memory enhancement settings in the BIOS (restore defaults). These memory stick specific settings are not guaranteed to work with all CPUs and mobos.

Good luck.

Comment

Thank you I tried all of these and the crash still happening, I attached the minidump file .dmp can you check it to see what's causing the issue?
        Attached Files

Comment

this is another one when trying to render
          Attached Files

Comment

I might try significantly under clocking your RAM, like down to 4000 or less— 3600 maybe.

You could try a fresh windows install as well. Interested in hearing if Chaos can figure anything out.
            Last edited by Joelaff; 25-01-2024, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Yeah that could be it, I installed 256GB 3600 Mhz and I had to underclock to 2666 to have anything running errorless.
              A.

---------------------
              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Tried underclocking it to 3600 mhz and still having the same issue! any updated from chaos?

Comment

do you think v-ray it does not support the i9-14900k processor?

Comment

I actually found this useful link for troubleshooting hardware malfunctioning https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/a...Malfunctioning and did all the investigations and still same issue! any idea anyone?

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/groups/stac...1466598199825/

Optimizing Stability for Intel 13900k and 14900k CPU’s : r/overclocking (reddit.com)

This is coming from Changsoo Eun, so it's defo worth a shot.
                      A.

---------------------
                      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
                      X