Can't stop render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't stop render

I just switch to Max 2024 and Latest V-Ray version, When i'm doing any type of rendering, it never goes over "pass 0" in progressive, or any squares in buckets, and after a bit of time, it just gets stuck like that and i can't stop/cancel the render at all.
    I need to close Max from Task Manager, to close it. at the bottom of the Frame Buffer it does say it's rendering, and the time progresses, but the render dosent render at all, can't cancel, can't anything
    Any ideas why?
    Last edited by emilian_georgescu; 22-01-2024, 03:04 AM.

Hi, thanks for posting. Are you using V-Ray CPU or V-Ray GPU? Is this issue happening in every scene, even a new simple scene?
    Are you able to complete the render successfully if you use the same scene with bucket sampler?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I tried with both CPU and GPU and it does that, it's an imported scene that I worked previously in Max 2017 and V-Ray 3.6, and then opened it in the new versions, and converted everything to V-Ray again.
      I don't get any errors or anything while rendering, I did reset to default the V-Ray settings so there wont be any conflicting or out of date settings (like Irradiance Map being removed)

In a new scene cube + sun, seems to render to completion and it goes through passes.

Comment

Hi, there must be something in the scene that is causing issues.
        Do you have any errors or warnings in you log window?
        Go trough you project once again. Check for anything suspicious, a poorly modelled geometry or imported geometry that may have issues.
        Check you materials again for unusual stuff. Have you used plugins to create them for instance?

If nothing else helps you could send us the scene for review. Archive you project and send it to our support contact form. Please add a link to this thread for better tracking.
        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

There were no errors in the log at all, but I did opened a new 2024 scene, and merged that project into it, and it renders fine now. So that means the objects/materials have no issues.
          So maybe opening that older version file itself had issues when it converted.
          I'll work with it like this, thank you for your help, this thread can be closed.

Comment

Working...
          X