Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadline error - Vray related

Hi there.

I've recently started using Deadline on a client workstation. The render is submitted as tiles and it renders file but when it comes to reassembling the tiles deadline will throw this error:

C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline10\workers\hgrsdeb scg0502\plugins\65af9f6b1f247e7924eafa1b\Assembler .py:58: DeprecationWarning: 'U' mode is deprecated
    2024-01-23 11:45:03: 0: STDOUT: with open(controlFile, "rU") as f:
    2024-01-23 11:45:03: 0: STDOUT: Magick: Sum of Photometric type-related color channels and ExtraSamples doesn't match SamplesPerPixel. Defining non-color channels as ExtraSamples.. `TIFFReadDirectory' @ warning/tiff.c/TIFFWarnings/976
    2024-01-23 11:45:03: 0: STDOUT: Draft Tile Assembler Failed! See job log for more details.

I think this is bitdepth related. Does anyone have any experience with this error and know how to resolve it when using Vray?

Thanks​
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Never tried TIFF output. Perhaps try EXR. Looks like you are using the Jigsaw (tile) feature that reassembles the image with Draft after all the tiles are rendered?
    Last edited by Joelaff; 23-01-2024, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Hey. Yes, that's correct. It's a tiled submission with a reassemble at the end. The odd things is that if one of my colleagues sends exactly the same 3dsmax file to deadline it works so really don't get what the issue is. I will try EXR to see if that resolves anything. Thanks.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

When your colleague submits the job is the draft job handled on the same node? Typically that goes on all nodes anyway. So I would suspect yes. Very weird. There is some info if you DuckDuckGo that error, which comes from ImageMagick, but not sure that will help you resolve it.

Thinkbox support is actually really great if you email or call them.

Comment

There are a number of nodes being used and I think it's literally whatever becomes available. Yes, I saw the same error related to ImageMagick...it didn't really help much

Yes, good idea. I'll contact them. Cheers mate.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
          X