Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray render in Max goes through the motion, but the moment it shall start "rendering" it just go to "Finish" in the status bar! and a question about a Warning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray render in Max goes through the motion, but the moment it shall start "rendering" it just go to "Finish" in the status bar! and a question about a Warning!

Hi all

1:
    This is a so general question and so many parameter that may be affecting it so I know it is a long shot.

I got the latest of Max and Vray (as of today) and I have this biiig scene of 16 GB and 112 Millions of Polys. It is not every time, but let say 65% of the time when I start rendering I follow what is written in the Status bar at VFB and see it goes through the normal procedure, then we its start rendering it just go to Finish and no image is made. I know it is a lot of things I should mention, like RAM and so on, but I just want to ask if this "going straight to Finish" is that a results of something familiar, like a memory issue or something?

2:
    When rendering I often get this message in the log:
    "Warning: Falling back to VPU denoising. The denoising mighty take longer"
    What is this and is it a problem?

Br
    Harald Martinoff

Originally posted by harald_martinoff View Post
    1:
    This is a so general question and so many parameter that may be affecting it so I know it is a long shot.

I got the latest of Max and Vray (as of today) and I have this biiig scene of 16 GB and 112 Millions of Polys. It is not every time, but let say 65% of the time when I start rendering I follow what is written in the Status bar at VFB and see it goes through the normal procedure, then we its start rendering it just go to Finish and no image is made. I know it is a lot of things I should mention, like RAM and so on, but I just want to ask if this "going straight to Finish" is that a results of something familiar, like a memory issue or something?
    Could you provide a log for this? There should be some kind of an error/warning printed there.

2:
    When rendering I often get this message in the log:
    "Warning: Falling back to VPU denoising. The denoising mighty take longer"
    What is this and is it a problem?
    This may happen if no compatible GPU device is found. Are your GPU drivers the latest recommended ones?

Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi hermit.crab

When it comes to point 1 this is the error I get:
      [16:08:50.212] Error : Error building Embree static ray caster, error message: [CommitEmbreeThread::threadProc] 4: Committing scene failed

I will check that I m in fact having the latest driver too!

Thank you!

Br
      Harald Martinoff

Comment

When it comes to point 1 this is the error I get:
        [16:08:50.212] Error : Error building Embree static ray caster, error message: [CommitEmbreeThread::threadProc] 4: Committing scene failed​
        That error usually means a lack of memory. You can check the suggestions here to reduce RAM usage.

Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I was guessing so too, but when I check with Windows memory monitor is never shows more than 87% used of memory, but I guess that may be the roof in practice?
          I will follow all the tip in your links and see what will happen Thank you!
          Last edited by harald_martinoff; 30-01-2024, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X