Material is showing up as black in mirror reflection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material is showing up as black in mirror reflection

The mirror in my scene is reflecting the tiles in the background as black when they are actually white. Any idea why this could be happening? I attached two images, one showing the mirror with the reflected black tiles and the other showing what the tiles should look like (white). Thanks.
    Attached Files

Any VRayOverrideMtls or Mtl Override Settings? Do simplify the scene and attach it here so we can troubleshoot.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

No VRayOverrideMtls or Mtl Override Settings. I simplified the scene and attached it here.
      Attached Files

Comment

Your tile geometry has a lot of double faces
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I do not see any double faces on my geometry. Furthermore, if there were double faces, why does the tile geometry render out fine in all other shots in the scene except for when it is being reflected in the mirror?

Comment

It does have bad geometry, as in the attached, however the problem is that you had it set to be invisible to reflections
            Attached Files
            https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

I am not sure why the geometry looks the way it does on your end. I attached a screenshot of how it looks in my scene, and it seems totally fine. But anway, yes I do see that I had visible to reflection/refraction turned off accidently and that did fix the issue. Thank you for your help.
              Attached Files

Comment

I also realized I used Floor Generator and Boolean on this wall and didn't collpase it before sending which is probably the reason why the geometry is coming out bad on your end

Comment

Yes that's probably the issue. Anyway, problem solved
                  https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Working...
                  X