IPR Refresh if Mouse Cursor Moves Across

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPR Refresh if Mouse Cursor Moves Across

I have just started using Max 2024 and a new phenomenon seems to be happening with the Vray VFB when using IPR.

When IPR is active if I move the mouse cursor on to, off of or across the bottom of the VFB where yhe color values are shown, the IPR starts again with building light cache and etc. IOW moving the cursor across the bottom of the VFB cause IPR to refresh.

Edit - Now I'm realizing this is not limited to the having the cursor move across the bottom of the VFB. It seems to be happening with moving the cursor on or off any area of the VFB. Very difficult to work with this happening.

I don't remember having this happening previously. Possibly I enabled something that is causing this?

Any help with this will be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by OPEN_RANGE; 02-02-2024, 04:25 PM.
    mark f.
    openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

I remember that happening long ago, but I haven't seen it in a while. If I recall correctly, it was a light cache issue.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

IPR always starts with building light cache so.....yikes! I see a message at the top of the VFB that there is a vray update available. I will install that and see if the problem persists.

OK - I installed the update and the problem went away. Will report back if it recurs.
      Last edited by OPEN_RANGE; 02-02-2024, 05:46 PM.
      mark f.
      openrangeimaging.com

Comment

You must have had a very old V-Ray because that issue was a while back. I am glad that it is working for you now.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I was using most current 3ds. Max 2023 and most current vray. Today I started new scene in Max 2024. That’s when I had the problem. I saw the update available notice at the top of the VFB and after updating the problem went away.

So not thinking it was an old vray but can’t say what version was part of my Max 2024 before update. Weird.
          mark f.
          openrangeimaging.com

Comment

Oh Boy. I have opened the scene again today and the problem remains. I start IPR and if I have the cursor on the VFB it works, but if I move the cursor off the VFB it triggers a new building light cache. Also, it seems to try to build a new light cache multiple times in a row very quickly then finally builds the entire light cache and starts to render. Move the cursor back on the VFB and all that happens again. Makes IPR unusable.

I saved the Max 2024 Scene as a Max 2023 scene and the same problem exists using 2023.

I am in the initial stage with this project and have imported an architects Revit model of a medium sized house. I used scene convertor to change all materials to Vray materials. The Revit file I got also contained a bunch of Enscape objects that were all exterior trees, shrubs, stones, etc.

After I deleted all that Enscape stuff the number of rapid fire light cache re builds seemed to go down a bit, but the problem still remains but maybe not quite as pronounced. Not sure if that is relevant to this or not.

I opened a different scene in Max 2024. This scene is also a project that uses an imported Revit model (from a different architect). With this scene IPR works as it should and without this problem.

I am hoping someone from Chaos can respond and I can send this scene in to be analyzed. I need to start work on it and need to be able to use IPR so there is some urgency. Please help!
            mark f.
            openrangeimaging.com

Comment

Now finding that this rebuilding of light cache happens if I move the cursor anywhere in a max viewport. So, not only moving cursor on/off VFB but moving cursor in any viewport.

It does not happen if cursor is on the modify panel, only when moving off the modify panel and onto a viewport
              Last edited by OPEN_RANGE; 03-02-2024, 03:16 PM.
              mark f.
              openrangeimaging.com

Comment

sheesh. Now I open the scene and the problem is gone.

One thing, may not be relevant. Previously I also noticed that one of the vray cameras I have in the scene has clipping planes enabled. Previously when I was having the problem, I would open the scene and the clipping planes had been disabled. I would have to re- enable that.

Now I open the scene and the clipping planes have remained enabled, as they should and the problem with IPR has gone away as well. Weird.
                mark f.
                openrangeimaging.com

Comment

I believe the self inflicted problem has been identified and solved. I had inadvertently made one Vray Camera and instance versus a copy of another Vray Camera. One I made them "unique" the problem went away.

Hope this may help someone if they experience the same.
                  mark f.
                  openrangeimaging.com

Comment

One last update. Chaos support analysis sent message that the issue with the endless IPR refreshes is due to an instanced camera that also has the automatic vertical tilt correction enabled.
                    mark f.
                    openrangeimaging.com

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting. We have this issue registered in our system under VMAX-10470 - Endless IPR refresh if an instanced VRayPhysicalCamera is selected and Automatic vertical tilt is turned on
                      I will add your thread to it and raise the priority.

Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
                      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                      X