Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware the usage of adaptive clamping incertain situations

Hi guys,

unsure if this has bee noted somewhere, but i find the settign of adaptive clamping at 1,5 very tricky under certain lighting scenarios and especially when usign lightmix.

Particularl the situation where you are considering computing production image including lightmix with stronger lights such as sunlight, stronger HDRI, stronger direct light in the interior. Stronger meaning with contrasty setup lights...
    The clamping doesnt work well in such scenes. The denoiser blurs the hell out of the layers with such lights creating loads of artifacts and smudges.
    We found out that when you want to use LM with such lights, youre better off settgin the clampiong to something like 30 but 50 is the sweet spot in the most occassions.

Easy top reproduce, you can try yourselves

There shoudl be a render warning about clamping set too low when someone is rendergin production render with lightmix on.

Hope you find this info useful.
    I hope devs can do something about the clamping so that it works more intelligently please

Cheers
    M
    Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

Hi, thanks for posting.
    Stronger meaning with contrasty setup lights.
    Could you elaborate on this?

The denoiser blurs the hell out of the layers with such lights creating loads of artefacts and smudges.
    Please share an example image if possible.

I don't see any issues with my simple test scene but it is only a plane, 3 VRayLights with high intensity, Denoiser and LightMix.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X