Large Lightmix values cap at 100 when using 'to composite' in VFB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large Lightmix values cap at 100 when using 'to composite' in VFB

I just noticed that if i use lightmix, and have a value of 200 for example in the multiplier of a light, when i use the 'to composite' option, if maxes out at 100, and you cant add any higher values.

You can see in the attached 'gif' that im trying to add the value into the composite but it wont go above 100, and when i switch back to lightmix, the image no longer matches.

Obviously i can work around this, but thought i would post it.

Im using 3dsmax 2024 and latest vray, GPU with recommended drivers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	3dsmax_BOeg5xG5Qb.gif Views:	0 Size:	503.2 KB ID:	1201713
    e: info@adriandenne.com
    w: www.adriandenne.com

Hello,

large values for LightMix multipliers are not recommended in general since additional noise will be produced in the scene, so porting the multipliers "To Scene" and re-render it would be more correct as an approach. When it comes to those discrepancies between multiplier ranges with values above 100, I logged that as a note in our internal bug-tracker (ID: VMAX-13966). However, I couldn't reproduce the other issue that you pointed out - discrepancies between the final results in LightMix and Composite sources. Could you pack an exemplary scene and send it over to philip.shounev@gmail.com for a closer look?

Best regards,
    Philip
    Philip Shounev
    QA department
    Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X