Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to install Chaos scatter on Vray 5.20.23 installations

Hi there support.
    I need to have Chaos Scatter installed across our Max2021 Vray.5.20.23 render farm, however not all slaves seem to have it.
    And I am unsure why its there in the first place, did it come with the Vray installation or is because I installed Corona for Max2021 at some point?

How do I easily get all the machines updated with Chaos Scatter while keeping the Vray version intact (staying with 5.20.23)?

Thank you

Hello,

If you wish to use Chaos Scatter with V-Ray as render engine, upgrading to V-Ray 6 is necessary, as it's included in the installer and begins with this version. Previously, Corona included Corona Scatter as a built-in plugin, which serves as the foundation for Chaos Scatter. These days both engines use Chaos Scatter.

Best regards,
    Philip
    Philip Shounev
    QA department
    Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

Thank you for answering.

I managed to figure out a solution.
      If I rolled back the corona installation to 8.3 - then the Choas Scatter support Vray 5.
      So all is good for now

Comment

The latest available version for Corona 8 is Corona 8 (Hotfix 2). Could you please check the actual version that you have installed on your end? As mentioned above, V-Ray 5 can't render Chaos Scatter instancies since it doesn't support them. Could you please provide a screen recording of what the rendered result looks like?
        Philip Shounev
        QA department
        Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

Ahh, okay I had mis read the version number.
          This is the install file I used to make CS work for Vray 5.
          chaos-corona-8-3dsmax-hotfix2.exe

Oh, the rendering result fully works as expected including Vray Proxies. the only issue when using proxies, is the multitexture which is not able to randomize textures across instances. (only works for actual meshes (not proxies))
          Last edited by CLF73; 20-02-2024, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X