Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Save all channels into a single file don't export worldposition , worldnormals, noiselevel etc... for external use in vdenoise and OIDN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save all channels into a single file don't export worldposition , worldnormals, noiselevel etc... for external use in vdenoise and OIDN

Dear All ,

As you can see from the screenshot in attachment , the .vrimg file is not exporting all layers into a single file. Same happen with OpenEXR.
    Should I consider it as a bug ?

Thank you

Hi, thanks for posting.
    The RGB channel from your Denoiser Tool is already denoised. You have to change the mode of your VRayDenoiser
    from "show denoiser result channel" to "only generate render elements".

Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2024-03-05_15-05-13.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	1203785

Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Vladimir ,

Still not working. See attachment. I tried all possible way , could you please post a step by step for all of us ? There's nothing on the web.

Comment

Furthermore I'm trying vraydenoisemap with render to texture and it clearly uses the aweful vray default denoise and not Intel Open Denoise. The vraydenoisemap doesn't allow to set any other denoiser despite intel open denoise is set into render elements.

Thank you

Comment

Hi Vladimir,

Check the attachment please. All elements are correctly saved into vrimg file. So it's the intel open denoise on vdenoise which is causing the issue.
          It keeps giving this error error:
          [VUtils::OIDNDenoiser::denoise] 2: buffer region out of range
          Denoising is aborted!​

It doesn't matter if you bring render to texture or renders. It still produces this error. Are you guys able to reproduce it ?
          Thank you
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, the error appears when you render with for example V-Ray Denoiser in the render element settings and after that try to denoise using Intel Open Image Denoiser with the denoiser tool. At least that was how I was able to get the same error.
            The Intel Open Image Denoiser does not work with the V-Ray Denoiser Tool. I will have to verify if this is the expected behaviour or a bug.

Comment

Hi, after further testing I confirm that V-Ray Denoiser as well as Intel Open Image Denoiser both work with the Denoiser Tool.
              I made a misjudgement yesterday, probably got mislead in some of the tests I performed.

So to recap, on our side everything works with no issues. As long as you render with the same denoiser as the one you specify in the denoiser tool you should have no issues.

Name:	3dsmax_2024-03-06_13-18-36.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	1203851

Comment

Hi Vladimir ,

FINALLY!!!! It works , Set Intel Open Denoise into Render elements , set Only Generate Render Elements , Save all channels into a single file and then it reads Albedo and Normals as OIDN requests.
                Thank you very much indeed.

In case I spot something else I'll post it in order to let other people know how to do it.

C

Comment

Hi Vladimir,

The solution works with normal renders but it doesn't work with render to texture. Setting vraydenoisemap it only allows you to pick vray default denoise and even setting Intel Open denoise like in the previous post it produces the same error.
                  Please see attachment
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi, for texture baking use the VRayDenoiserMap. Just add it to list the same way you add for example a VRayCompleteMap and that's it.

Name:	3dsmax_2024-03-06_18-04-29.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	1203879

Comment

Hi Vladimir,

It's exactly what I did , but it's using vray default denoiser and not intel open denoise or nvidia denoiser despite is set into render elements correctly. Please have a look by yourself and see the results

Comment

Is the standalone denoiser still limited to the VRay Denoiser if you want to do multi-frame denoising AND you also want to denoise render elements? We haven't messed with anything other than the VRayDenoiser because of the need of these things.

Comment

Hi,
                          Is the standalone denoiser still limited to the VRay Denoiser if you want to do multi-frame denoising AND you also want to denoise render elements?
                          According to my test it is not. It works with all denoisers, with animation and render elements.

Comment

Oh, sounds like we need to do some more testing.

So we should be able to use the Intel denoiser and have all channels get denoised, and be able to do multi frame denoising? The docs seem to indicate no. Are the docs up to date?

Comment

Hi, the docs page about the denoiser tool needs updates. We will notify the docs team about it. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X