VRayFur Flickering / Crawling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayFur Flickering / Crawling

What is the best way to reduce flickering and crawling up very fine VRayFur (think peach fuzz)? I disabled Dynamic tessellation, which seemed to help marginally. I tried more knots (I guess I could try more still). I tried Min AA up to 9, really made almost no difference past about 3 or 4. I tried Max AA of 160 with a threshold of 0.005 This made almost no difference too.

The object is a product that is doing a turntable type slow rotation. When I put the VRayFur into a matte I can see that this is what is causes the noise. Not sure how to get it better... Maybe rendering larger and scaling down? But shouldn't Min AA do that basically? I tried various reconstruction filters. (Area, Soften of various radii, Cubic) Didn't help much either. The issue seems to be at the fur level. I have it set to Lock to Surface and Per area. I tried Per face, and that didn't seem to help. Maybe I should export the fur to a VRayProxy?

Thoughts? Thanks.

A little update...

Rendering at double the res and scaling down seems to have solved the issue. Note that increasing MIN AA to 32 did NOT. So only rendering larger worked. I don't know if there is something special in the way the fur is generated or shaded, but this is what I ran into. Hair shaded with VRayHairNextMtl (glint off because I don't need it for this.)

Comment

Working...
    X