Areas of noise in reflection pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Areas of noise in reflection pass

Hi. I have been running into an issue where I am getting a ton of noise in the reflection pass of my renders, even with the noise threshold set to .001. Any thoughts on why this is happening and how to fix it without resorting to Denoiser (which still doesn't clean up the areas of noise entirely)?

Thanks,
    Bishop
    Attached Files

This is happening because in the RGB the resulting Pixel Value is way above one. V-Ray is calculating noise thresholds based on the values in the RGB channel, not in the individual elements.
    In general this should not cause any issues, because you will never show the reflection element isolated on its own.
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Originally posted by bishop_goguen View Post
      Hi. I have been running into an issue where I am getting a ton of noise in the reflection pass of my renders, even with the noise threshold set to .001. Any thoughts on why this is happening and how to fix it without resorting to Denoiser (which still doesn't clean up the areas of noise entirely)?

Thanks,
      Bishop
      could it be bad geo? z-figthing of some sort, due to overlapping faces?
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hi, have you tried to reset your V-Ray settings and/or merge into a new empty scene? Could you try to switch the adaptive lights to full lights evaluation (this is done form the global switches) and see if this has any effect on the noise? Keep in mind this will lead to significantly slower rendering.
        Send the scene to support for review if you can. We might be able to figure out the reason for this strange noise. Please include a link to this tread in your message for better tracking.
        Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 13-03-2024, 08:52 AM.
        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

What ended up working for me was to lower the burn value slightly so help reduce the brightness of some of those overexposed areas.

Comment

Working...
          X