Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ExtraTex together with VrayScene

Hi,
    I found an issue when you want to use ExtraTex with UDIM texture doesnt work on VrayScene object rendered in scene. It renders black and if you dont use UDIMS its correct.

Hi,
    I found an issue when you want to use ExtraTex with UDIM texture doesnt work on VrayScene object rendered in scene. It renders black and if you dont use UDIMS its correct.​

Comment

Sorry for double post, it stuck on "working...". Admin can delete this one.

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting. Could you give us a bit more details about your application? How do you setup the UDIM texture? Are you using MultiTile?
        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Max 24 with latest Vray. Udims are loaded with VrayBitmap with <UDIM> tag but other methods fails also.

You can easily reproduce it.
          1) load some vray scene asset which using udim textures
          2) create extra tex element and plug in some udim textures which should work with this asset
          3) you should see black in render

Comment

Hi, here is what I managed to test. The yellow chest is a vrscene object
            Click image for larger version  Name:	3dsmax_2024-03-18_17-58-13.gif Views:	0 Size:	435.1 KB ID:	1204760

https://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/s...8_17-58-13.gif

Please find attached the test scene. I split the UVs of the chest into two groups using the Unwrap UVW, collapsed the model to mesh, exported as a vrscene and then used the 3ds Max MultiTile map which loads two UDIM textures named with suffix 1001 and 1002.
            I am not sure this is the same workflow as yours but mine works.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 18-03-2024, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Interesting. Your setup is same, but it works :/ I have to look for the differences give me some time.

Comment

Ok it was quicker than I thought. Only difference is that my Vray Scene was exported from Maya. If I export it from max then its fine. But unfortunately I have to work with exports from Maya.

Comment

Ok I will test this as well and get back to the thread. A vrscene exported from Maya is quite a bit different to one exported from 3ds Max so this may be expected but I will investigate this.

Comment

Can I see somewhere all the differences between Max and Maya Vray scenes? Because I thought they are the same :/

Comment

Hi, I went ahead and build a scene in Maya using UDIMs, exported a vrscene and tested it in 3ds Max. It seems to work in my setup. I am using 3ds Max 2024.2, Maya 2024.2 and V-Ray 6.20.02.
                      Could you have a look and let me know your thoughts?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hmm we have V-Ray 6.20.03 (build 32397) and your maya vray scene doesnt work
                        Render
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	80
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1205125
                        ExtraTex
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	79
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	1205126

Comment

Hi, I forgot about the VRayExtraTex part, sorry. It is rendering the same as yours if I use extratex. We will look into it.

Comment

Any time estimation to fix?

Comment

Hi, the issue is reported as a bug in our internal system (VMAYA-12748 ). As of now we can not share any information about the time frame.
                              Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 28-03-2024, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X