Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireflies again! - Vlado said he was working on a solution? any chance this is available in the nightlies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireflies again! - Vlado said he was working on a solution? any chance this is available in the nightlies?

I have a project you could describe as "firefly hell" - the trouble is, I was given some 2d still sources that I have to mimic, so it's not so easy to set everything up correctly - lots of the lights are cheats.

I am playing around with technical solutions (that vastly increase render times) - but since vlado mentioned he was working on something... perhaps I can give it a try?

http://www.jd3d.co.uk - Vray Mentor

Hi, thanks for posting. Are you using V-Ray CPU or V-Ray GPU?
    Could you send us a visual reference of your issue (a still image or a few frames of animation)?
    You can find very good advice about dealing with fireflies in this thread and this article.
    For now there is no magical fireflies stop button. What could help is the adaptivity clamp setting.
    Adaptivity clamp – Specifies an intensity limit for the adaptive bucket and progressive samplers to avoid excessive sampling of overexposed areas. Lower values mean a lower limit and potentially noisy overexposed areas. Higher values produce more samples in overexposed areas.​
    If nothing works with your scene you could archive and send it to support. We may be able to help you modifying it to be fireflies free.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I thought adaptivity clamp just reduced samples in overbright highlights to save render time, and didn’t have much effect on fireflies (if anything making them marginally worse)??

Comment

Working...
      X