Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 6.2.1's ChaosScatterMax2024.dlt slows everything down

Hello everyone,
    I have encountered a problem with V-Ray 6.2.1; in the header I specified the scatter plug-in but it might be more than that.
    I installed 3ds Max 2024.2.1 on a brand new computer with Windows 11, then installed V-Ray 6.2.1, and all other plug-ins I need.

When launching 3ds Max and getting to the point Max needs to load ChaosScatterMax2024.dlt, the system hangs for a minute or so before proceeding. When Max has loaded and the interface is visible, the program hangs once more for almost a minute before allowing to work. Opening the render setup dialog once again freezes the program for almost a minute. With the render setup useable, I change the render engine to V-Ray and the system once again hangs. After its recover, even closing the render setup dialog causes a pause. Opening the material editor once again creates a pause, and having the material editor render material previews takes much, much more than a while, even for a single one.

I uninstalled V-Ray, and problem solved, 3ds Max doesn't hang anymore.
    I then uninstalled everything: Chaos processes, Autodesk log-in apps, deleted folders, restarted multiple times, and reinstalled everything again but the problem persists.

Any idea on why?

Found a solution, not the optimal solution but at least lets me work.

The licencing server is on a virtual machine, and the IT department screwed something up with permissions, and communicating with the VM took ages. I reinstalled V-Ray with a local licencing server and everything works as intended. I say the IT department did something because if I launch Photoshop (or any program) as admin I cannot drag and drop files into it from any location (desktop, other local drives, network drives), and executing Photoshop without admin rights doesn't allow me to run droplets.

Comment

Working...
    X