Vraynoisetex rollout bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vraynoisetex rollout bug

I previously added a vraynoisetex shader to a composite to control displacement on a surface. Problem is that now when I click on the shader it only shows an output dialogue without any control over the noise attributes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	107
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	1205970
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Hi, thanks for posting. it works on my setup. I am using V-Ray 6.20.06 and 3ds Max2024.2.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2024-04-05_14-15-28.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	1205983
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Yes, on previous incremental saves it is working but later it changes to just the output rollout. I'm not sure what changed between one max save and the next one...
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I think this must be related to the bug I reported above after upgrading to 6.2.1 (which is for some reason also called 6.20.06 or V-Ray 6, update 2 hotfix 1— I wish you guys could use standard versioning like the rest of the software world — major.minor.revision , using the same numbers everywhere)

Did you also get a popup alert saying that a plugin texture failed to load when you first opened the material editor? I need to close all my material libraries and restart Max to see if that helps.
        Last edited by Joelaff; 08-04-2024, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Hi,
          on previous incremental saves it is working but later it changes to just the output rollout
          Can you explain in a bit more details? I tried to save the scene, then reset and open again a couple of times but no bug.
          Do you open/close 3ds Max and are you changing versions?

I think this must be trashed to the bug I reported above after upgrading to 6.2.1
          The scene from the other thread does not reproduce a bug (just tested it myself).
          Please send us a scene with the bug since our simple scenes work with no issues.

Comment

Sorry for the autocorrect. Original post corrected.

Basically, after the upgrade some recent scenes that used VrayNoiseTex would give a pop up alert saying that the plugin was not found. And when I opened the actual node in slate they displayed as shown above.

Since this was current production scenes I rolled back the update to a previous nightly. I can try the update again later this week after our deadline.

I did have some material libraries loaded, and possibly had a max file loaded as a material library (something I try not to do, as it causes other bugs, like random lights being added to the scene (especially VRaySuns)).

I will do some more testing later this week. Still on Max 2023. Been too busy to upgrade.

stevesideas did you have any material libraries open? Are you getting the popup alerts about missing vray plugin textures?
            Last edited by Joelaff; 08-04-2024, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
              Hi,

Can you explain in a bit more details? I tried to save the scene, then reset and open again a couple of times but no bug.
              Do you open/close 3ds Max and are you changing versions?

Hi. In answer to your questions:

No change in versions of max or Vray between saves. Even when closing max and re-starting and opening the file the problem persists.

Joelaff No material libraries and no popup alert about missing plugins for me. The plugin is definitely still in the folder and is working on earlier saves of the same file. Something has changed between saves.
              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

after the upgrade some recent scenes that used VrayNoiseTex would give a pop up alert saying that the plugin was not found
                Do you mean scenes that were built with earlier versions of V-Ray?
                We can not reproduce this issue. I tried multiple times and everything works. Maybe there is something more to it that we haven't figured out. Do yo get this error in a new simple scene?

Comment

Working...
                X