Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictability

Predictability

I have mentioned this before, but I don't think the comment got traction. Often, I do a series of houses, all with the same colors and materials. Each house is done the same way, using the same everything, but the render times are manic. Yesterday, I rendered the front and back of a home; each one took less than an hour. Everything is the same in this next house, but this house says five hours, and I am two hours into the render. I build the homes the same; they are about the same size. I am doing nothing different between dwellings. Any clues?
    Last edited by glorybound; 08-04-2024, 08:30 PM.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Hey Bobby - what happens if you do a material override on the scene? Sometimes I get caught out with merging a particular model that may have been created by a third party, and there were some material issues buried in the asset somewhere. (Like a very high self illumination value or something). Are there any non-Vray materials lurking somewhere, say from imported Revit geometry?

Comment

The same materials are in both scenes, so there isn't a way that can be an issue. The only difference is the house.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I wonder if the admin can correct the title to this thread - Predictability
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I wonder if the admin can correct the title to this thread - Predictability
          Done.

Everything is the same in this next house, but this house says five hours
          There must be something, could be the model as well. I can't say much without carefully examine the two projects. Try with simple stuff (override material as suggested).
          Then lights - render both houses with V-Ray Sun for the test. I would place my bet on the model especially if you are using displacement.
          Of course if one of the houses is with fully glazed facades this will slow down the rendering significantly.
          Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I'll dig into it as long as I know it is me. Thank you!
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
            X