How to use .vrmat to apply materials to downloaded Cosmos models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use .vrmat to apply materials to downloaded Cosmos models

I have been using Vray and Cosmos assets for some time now. I have been reusing some of the downloaded Cosmos models using .vrmesh files. As .vrmesh imports do not come with the associated material, do I have to apply this material manually? I tried to use the associated.vrmat material library, but i can't find a way to apply those libraries to the model. I tried to use VrayVRmatMtl to utilize .vrmat files, but i could not find way to apply material to associate model. Is there a way to do this? or any resources to learn about it?
    Highly appreciate that you gude me in to a right direction.
    Last edited by chamindamanoj_mutukudawijesooriyaarachchige; 26-04-2024, 03:24 AM.

Hi, thanks for posting.

As .vrmesh imports do not come with the associated material
    This is not the case on my end. When I imported the mesh it had materials. Could you tell us more about your workflow?

Click image for larger version  Name:	3dsmax_2024-04-26_14-04-32.gif Views:	0 Size:	1.62 MB ID:	1207434
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply, I have attached my workflow. Same as yours. Use a proxy to import a .vrmesh file and then import again as a mesh. As you can see, the material does not come with it. Currently, I am using 3ds max 2023 and Vray 6. update 2.1. I am not sure what went wrong.

Thanks
      Attached Files
      Last edited by chamindamanoj_mutukudawijesooriyaarachchige; 26-04-2024, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X