No announcement yet.

Vray Dome Light - Lock Texture To Icon - Crashes light during RT and Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Dome Light - Lock Texture To Icon - Crashes light during RT and Rotation

Hello Vray team,
    I have an issue I have had since I updated to Vray 6 update 2 a while back and honestly was too busy to really figure it out so I just don't use this feature. But now I am shooting more and more of my own clean SKY Hdris and would really like to be able to rotate the light vs numbers. I do have an issue of the light crashing during RT while trying to rotate it. Video can be seen below of my issue to remove any miscommunication.

https://youtu.be/2iyTDbM7424

Thanks!

Does it happen if you remove the car? Either way, send the scene since it does not happen on a fresh one.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
      Does it happen if you remove the car? Either way, send the scene since it does not happen on a fresh one.
      Hermit which max are you using? I am on max 23. I wonder if there is just some hiccup with that version of Vray and the version of max? If thats the case I would hate for you guys to troubleshoot an issue that is focused on old software?

Comment

Tried both 3ds Max 2023 and 2024 with update 2 and update 2.1 - no issues. It must be something scene-specific.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
          Tried both 3ds Max 2023 and 2024 with update 2 and update 2.1 - no issues. It must be something scene-specific.
          I will try with no car. Issue is I have this with all my scenes but during me working on client work which is always with OEM Cad data. Because of the privacy of the data I can never share the full file so let me see what happens when I do it without a car.

Comment

Working...
          X