Autodesk Generic Materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autodesk Generic Materials

2024, and why don't we have a material converter that converts Autodesk materials?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

3ds Max's native Scene Converter can convert them to Physical/Standard and from there you can use ours.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
      2024, and why don't we have a material converter that converts Autodesk materials?
      I use V-RayMax Converter Pro for this.
      As far as I remember, you also have it, doesn't it do what you need?

Comment

Originally posted by phill_moris View Post

I use V-RayMax Converter Pro for this.
        As far as I remember, you also have it, doesn't it do what you need?
        Me too, but should we have to? When I need to use it, it wants to update, and then I need to license it. We know it can be done, so why can't Choas do it natively?
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post

Me too, but should we have to? When I need to use it, it wants to update, and then I need to license it. We know it can be done, so why can't Choas do it natively?
          Yes, after the update you need to enter a license key, but this is not a problem since I have it. You can also disable checking for updates there and continue to use the converter without updating (if this is not critical for you) and update later when you want. By the way, I wrote to the developers about this and they assured me that in the next update you will not have to enter the license key again if you have already activated it.

As for the fact that the built-in Vray Scene Converter does not support converting Autodesk materials, I agree with you, this is strange. It was the absence of many things in Vray Scene Converter that pushed me to buy V-RayMax Converter Pro and now it really saves me.​​

Comment

Working...
          X