VRay Clipper missplaced with backburner rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Clipper missplaced with backburner rendering

I wonder what I'm doing wrong this time. When rendering frame by frame in Max VRay Clipper is correctly positioned in rendering. However, when rendering the same fame in backburner, the clipper object is not there where it supposed to be; it's moving around.

Anything I can do?

Edit: I can confirm: when rendering a sequence in workstation it stays there, but when I render the same sequence with Backburner it's nowhere near it's supposed to be. Has worked fine before. So no network rendering if VRay Clipper object is in the scene and animated.
    Last edited by JuhaHo; 18-09-2024, 12:11 AM.

Hi, thanks for posting. What are your V-Ray and 3ds Max versions? Are you getting these issues in a new simple scene? Could you share your scene for review?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks,

I'm using V-Ray 5 Update 2.3 with 3DSMax 2022. In general, I can never share any scenes. I try to prepare a new scene when possible.

Comment

There's something really strange going on here. Sometimes it places the clipping during rendering where the Clipper icon is located and sometimes where the clipper object geometry is. So I don't know which one to move in scene, when I want to cut geometry to see inside it.

Edit: It seems the clipper geometry object has to be deleted manually. If it needs to be edited, it has to be extracted and then deleted again. This is not necessary for stills - only for animation.
        Last edited by JuhaHo; 18-09-2024, 11:56 AM.

Comment

The problem still persists. So when rendering backburner animation or animation locally, there's no clipping. But if I render the same scene frame by frame V-Ray clipper works normally. It would be a bit tedious to render 1 000 frame animation frame by frame. Any ideas?

Edit: It kind of flies away during backburner rendering but it's correctly positioned on frame by frame rendering.
          Last edited by JuhaHo; Yesterday, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Do You have any explanation, why clipper is moving all around the scene during backburner rendering. Everything else works just fine.

I would really appreciate if You can take a look at this.

Edit. The problem is in persists whenever camera is moving during rendering a sequence. However, if I render frame by frame, the clipper stays where it's supposed to be.

Anyone?
            Last edited by JuhaHo; Today, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Hi we can't say much without a scene. Do you have this issue in a new simple scene as well?

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
                Hi we can't say much without a scene. Do you have this issue in a new simple scene as well?
                Thanks,

Could You at least tell me, whether I should animate clipping geometry or clipper object?

Anyway, It would be great if there were built in clipper geometries like box, ball cylinder...

Comment

What do you mean by "clipper geometry or clipper object"? Once you've switched to mesh mode and picked the geometry you are cutting with (for instance a box) it becomes the clipper object.
                  It is best if this geometry is without issues like double faces, open edges, poor topology or flipped faces. This is true for the geometry you are cutting as well.
                  Here is how the mesh mode is enabled:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	download?id=12vE7KBPzR7rOYhJIfCJxzExB5qXhR-U0&authuser=0.gif
Views:	0
Size:	382.2 KB
ID:	1216370

Comment

Yes, but picking the clipper geometry, the animation in clipper object will be deleted. That's why I asked whether I should animate geometry or clipper object. To me it looks like the clipper has to be built from scratch every time I need to edit clipper geometry when rendering an animation. However with single frames it's not necessary. It's miss placed only when rendering animation sequence.

Comment

I completely rebuilt the clipping system from scratch. It did not work, the same thing occurs with the new clipper as well. Can anyone explain, why the clippers fly away after few frames of sequence rendering but stays when single frames are rendered? Is there a limit for included objects? Maybe I should do the opposite and exclude the objects that I don't want to clip.

Anyone?

Comment

Maybe I should do the opposite and exclude the objects that I don't want to clip.
                        It is worth trying. We've had issues before with include/exclude lists and clippers. Do you have multiple clippers in your scene? Are you using GPU?
                        when rendering a sequence in workstation it stays there, but when I render the same sequence with Backburner it's nowhere near it's supposed to be
                        Do you render with backburner on the same PC or you use another one?

Comment

Thanks,

Changing include to exclude didn't help. The clipper is flying around the scene and this occurs in all workstation both backburner and non backburner rendering. I have now replaced everything except the client geometry.

It's in correct place if I render only one frame at the time. I also noticed, the clipper moves only when the camera moves.
                          Last edited by JuhaHo; Today, 05:29 AM.

Comment

I made a simple scene test (attached) and rendered with backburner (the output is in the archive as well). No issues with the simple scene.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Here's scene summary info. This one is very light scene compared to what I normally work with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture summary info sahaB.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	1216396
                              Last edited by JuhaHo; Today, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X