No announcement yet.

login to support - download new build??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• login to support - download new build??

Not sure whether this is the proper place or not but thought it more suited than the General because this is a BIG problem for me.

I can't login to the support section, although obviously I can log in here, to download the new build to put on a new computer that I just purchased. It sits here waiting for Vray install and auth. code. Not a great use of my money right now, as deadlines loom.

Are the logins and passwords different for the forum and the support area? I have tried the forgot my password numerous times and it tells me that an e-mail has been sent but I never receive one. I have contacted the support, and vray e-mail addresses with one response 2 days ago with a new password, that did not work.

What other options do I have?? Please I hate staring at this $4000 machine sitting idle, and contemplate another day, at least, to wait for an auth. code after I get this sorted. Thanks in advance, for an expediant answer.

Regards Peter.

my login name and pass is different than the one used on the forum. however maybe its a new thing to have them the same. beats me, ive been using the same one for a while

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

hi peter, i had the same problem a while back. i though i had forgotten my password, it appears the support area now has a separate password.

i emailed to get a new one, and waited and waited. chaos have/had a problem with their auto response - i eventually got a reply about a week later. whatever you do don't request a password twice or the new one you get in the email will become obsolete.

you might need to email vlado direct.

Comment

Thanks guys - still no response, and I think I did try it more than once. Doooaaaaah! This is crazy - is noone working over there? They were quick to take my money when I purchased the software! lol Maybe they should set it up so it works!!! Hey there's an idea. Expensive computer still idle.

What else can I do but wait, wait, wait!!! Frustrating.

Regards Peter.

Comment

If i remember right the login was sent with one of the purchase reciept emails
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

Just got a call from Bulgaria - problem solved - thank you very much for the speedy attention

also thank you to those who replied with suggestions.

Very happy - now I can crank up my new machine! yippeeee!

Regards Peter.

Comment

wow, a phone call

Comment

what is this 'phone call' that you guys keep talking about....a new plugin?
                Needs more cowbell

Comment

yep, but it's a closed beta.

Comment

ohhhh....serves me right!
                    Needs more cowbell

Comment

Comment

Nope - no plugin - closed beta - just a service call because I couldn't get my password working to download the new build for a new computer that I purchased.

Apparently there e-mail server has been down, and the last couple of days I think there ISP must have been down.

Nice to get a call, but I am still waiting for an auth. code for the machine, which is frustrating because I have had this new machine for almost a week now and still can't use it. Again deadlines looming.

I'll send another e-mail now that the forum is up and see if that gets anywhere.

I'll keep you posted.

Advice is also appreciated.

Regards Peter

Comment

whats the latest build? you dont keep the exe's you use to install it?

---------------------------------------------------
                          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I thought I kept the exe but couldn't find it and thought it would be easy to download again - I was wrong.

How long does it take to get an auth code usually? I sent out the computer code on Thursday. I was hoping that it would just take one day. I really need it by Monday or the proverbial _ _ _ _ will hit the fan.

If a moderator can forward to support that would be great. I really do need this quickly. Thanks again. PM me for any info you may need.

Regards Peter.

Comment

Working...
                            X